Call For Submissions: NLS Lawsoc & CWL's Essay Competition On 'Domestic Violence- The Shadow Pandemic'
27 April 2020 9:18 AM GMT
The Law and Society Committee (LawSoc) and the Centre for the Women and the Law (CWL), National Law School of India University are inviting submissions for an essay competition.
Topic: 'Domestic Violence - The Shadow Pandemic'
Language: English, Hindi or Kannada
This essay competition provides an opportunity for the authors to critically think about the issues of patriarchy, domestic violence and the state response to the same.
The best submissions would also be considered for the publication in the annual journal which is published by the CWL. An annual publication, The Gender Human Rights and Law, is brought out by the CWL to provide information on the development of law through judicial decisions and statutes for those agencies working on women's issues and for the empowerment of women.
Eligibility: The competition is being organized for all students pursuing recognized undergraduate and post-graduate degrees in law, public policy and social sciences, researchers, practitioners and faculty.
- Analyzing the utility of Domestic Violence Act in light of contemporary pandemic.
- Review of cases impacting the current framework of laws against Domestic Violence.
- Socio-legal mechanisms to combat the newly emerged challenges of domestic violence.
- Understanding the impact of gender and differences in challenges faced by various groups in pandemic.
- The interested participants can register themselves for the competition latest by 3rd May 2020.
- The deadline for submitting the essay is 6 PM on 14th May 2020.
- The results shall be declared within 10 days of the receipt of all the submissions.
- First prize: Rs. 3,500
- Second prize: Rs. 2,500
- Third prize: Rs. 1,500
- The best submissions will be published in The Gender Human Rights and Law
For further details, click here.