Eighth Durga Das Basu Essay Writing Competition, December- January 2019 - 2020 Organised by the Constitutional Law Society under the aegis of West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.
Theme: The debate between the Duty to respect the National Flag and the Anthem versus using them as symbols of protest.
Who can apply?
· The competition is open for all undergraduate students of law colleges/departments of law of all Universities, pursuing the 5-year-course or the 3-year-course.
· There is no registration fee. The minimum word limit is 4000 words, and the maximum word limit is 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
· All submissions will undergo strict online plagiarism check.
· Special consideration will be placed upon originality, applicability, and feasibility of the arguments/ suggestions made in the essay and the depth of research.
· All teams/ participants must send electronic copies of their essays in ".docx" (Microsoft Word) and ".pdf" formats by email to [email protected] by 11:59 PM on January 25th 2019. No extension with respect to the deadlines will be granted.
· The "subject" of the submission email should clearly mention "Submission for DD Basu Essay Writing Competition 2019."
· Winning First Entry: Rs 5000 and merit certificate
· Second place: Rs 3000 and a merit certificate
· Third place: Rs 2000 and a merit certificate
For any queries Email at [email protected]
To Access Brochure click here
To Access Poster click here