NLUJ To Hold First NLUJ Deal Mediation Competition 2019 From Mar 8 to 10
The Alternative Dispute Resolution Cell, National Law University, Jodhpur, is organizing 'The First NLUJ Deal Mediation Competition, 2019'. The competition is being organised in association with Centre for Mediation and Conciliation (an initiative of the Bombay Chamber of Commerce and Industry), supported by Nishith Desai Associates, Indian Arbitration Forum and The Negotiation Academy, and knowledge and research partners, SCC Online and Eastern Book Company.
Dates: March 8 - 10, 2019
Registrations are invited from law universities/colleges/institutes around the country for a maximum of two teams consisting of three students each who will be required to fulfil the role of client, counsel and mediator in one preliminary round each.
- Awards will be given to winners and runners-up in the Mediator and Negotiation category and, Best team, Best Mediator and Second Best Mediator, Best Client-Counsel pair and Second Best Client-Counsel pair in the preliminary rounds.
- Prizes include internships with Nishith Desai Associates and Centre for Mediation and Conciliation, cash awards up to INR 40,000, trophies and books.
- Winners would also be entitled to discounts on ADR courses conducted by The Negotiation Academy.
Registration: Participation in this tournament is through invitation only, but any Law university/ college/institute may apply for an invite by sending an e-mail to email@example.com expressing their desire to participate. Participation shall be limited to 32 teams and allotment of a second slot to interested universities shall be based on the first round of registration.
Registration Fee: INR 3,000
- Deadline for registration: February 8, 2019
- Last date for payment of fee: February 8, 2019