Umang Foundation's Summer School On Insolvency And Bankruptcy Code [June 29- July 4; JNU]
Umang Foundation, in association with NILS India, is organizing the first edition of the Umang Foundation Summer School, New Delhi 2019.
Venue: Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi
This summer school is an annual week-long course on corporate restructuring and insolvency, especially focusing on the developments in the insolvency regime in India and the major cases. The academic session is spread across nearly 25 hours and covers various areas such as Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016, corporate restructuring, role of national company law tribunal and debt recovery tribunals, valuation aspects in asset maximization, cross-border insolvency, etc.
Speakers for the Summer School-
- Sumant Batra, Managing Partner, and Head - Insolvency and Corporate Law Practice, Kesar Dass B & Associates, New Delhi, and International Insolvency Expert
- Ashwini Mehra, Insolvency Professional and Senior Advisor, Duff & Phelps and former Deputy Managing Director and Chief Development Officer, State Bank of India
- Aviral Jain, Managing Director (Restructuring Advisory Services), Duff & Phelps, New Delhi
- Saurav Panda, Principle Associate (Insolvency and Bankruptcy), Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co., New Delhi
- Nikita Sinha, Senior Associate, AZB & Partners, New Delhi
- Raghuram Cadambi, Advocate, Karnataka High Court and former Senior Associate, Trilegal
- The best performing participant in this summer school will receive "Best Performer Award" by Umang Foundation.
- In addition to this, one best performing participant will secure an internship with the firm specializing in insolvency.
- The total intake for the summer school is restricted to 60 participants.
- Applications are open for professionals, law students, and management students.
- The selection of participants will be done on the basis of the Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose submitted by the applicants.
- Interested people can send their Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose to [email protected] and CC to email@example.com. After selection, please register here.
Deadline for Registration: April 30, 2019
- Students: Rs. 6,000
- Professionals: Rs. 7,000
- Students (International): 90 USD
- Professionals (International): 100 USD
- Students: Rs. 7,000
- Professionals: Rs. 9,000
- Students (International): 110 USD
- Professional (International): 130 USD
For further details, click here.