Call For Papers: Conference On Sexual Harassment Law & Policies In Indian Universities
The Centre for Human Rights Studies, Jindal Global Law School invites submissions for its conference on Sexual Harassment laws and policies in Indian Universities to be held on March 26-27.
Who can apply?
- Undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral students from Indian universities are invited to submit abstracts.
- Social Media And The Digital Sphere – challenges of complaints redressal and justice delivery in light of the #MeToo movement IDENTITY AND ITS
- Potential Influence On Complaint Outcomes – dimensions such as caste, class, gender and sexual orientation may be analyzed under this theme. E.g. LGBTQ friendly approaches to sexual harassment policy in university spaces
- Policy And Legal Reform – analysis of The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013 and the UGC (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations (2015) – identifying policy gaps, critiques and potential reforms
- International Best Practices in sexual harassment university policies Evolving Evidentiary Standards and the sufficiency of justice Formal and Informal Barriers against access to justice for survivors of sexual harassment. E.g. power dynamics in university spaces – professional relationships and redefining consent
- Mental Health And Sexual Harassment – integrating mental health within the redressal measures of sexual harassment complaints in universities
- Original empirical research and discussion pieces tackling silences in the existing literature on sexual harassment law and policies in educational institutions in India are welcome.
- Co-authored papers are welcome to be submitted with the consent of all the authors.
- Abstracts of a maximum of 250 words must be sent to email@example.com with the subject "Abstract Submission for SH Conference" on or before 25th February 2019. The email must contain two attachments – 1. The title, abstract, keywords; 2. Short author biography (100 words).
- Only selected abstracts will hear back from us, by 1st March 2019. Selected participants will have to submit full papers by 15th March 2019.
- Word Limit: Full papers (including footnotes and bibliography) should be in the range of 3000-5000 words.
Certificate of Participation will be issued to all those selected to present in the conference. Certificate of Excellence will be issued to the best presenter/team of presenters.
For any queries contact
- Student Coordinator, Parvaz Lamba: firstname.lastname@example.org, +91-8816817846
- Student Coordinator, Prarthna Bathija: email@example.com, +91-8053371796
To Access Brochure click here