The Directorate of Legal Studies, Tamil Nadu; Government Law College, Viluppuram, Tamil Nadu; in association with GNLU Centre for Environment Sustainable Development & Climate Change; and IUCN Academy of Environmental Law and Trees India are hosting a Conference on World Elephant Day.
Theme: Virtual International Conference on Human versus Animal Conflict Management and Co- existence
Date: 12th of August 2020
Time: 2:00 PM to 5:30 PM IST
Objective: The objective of this "International Virtual Conference on Human versus Animal Conflict Management and Co-Existence" is to bring various stakeholders such as into the Government (MoEF) State Ministry of Environment, International Organization, Academicians, Wildlife conservationist, Non-Governmental Organizations, Indigenous and Local Communities to deliberate and discuss on details and insight on possible solutions to human versus Elephant conflict management and peaceful co-existence. Various view point shall be recorded and learnt from each other which would help Government to frame effective policy measures towards resolving the crisis.
1. Prof. (Dr.) N.S. Santhosh Kumar, The Director of Legal Studies, Tamil Nadu
2. Prof. (Dr.) S. Shanthakumar, Director, Gujarat National Law University
3. Prof. (Dr.) N.Kayalvizhi, Principal, Government Law College, Viluppuram, Tamil Nadu
4. Hon`ble Thiru Justice M.M.Sundresh, Madras High Court Tamil Nadu.
5. Santhi Muthuswami Pillai, Wildlife Inspector, WCCB, SR, Chennai
6. Dr. Nupur Chowdhry, Assistant Professor, Centre for the Study of Law and Governance, Jawaharlal Nehru University
7. Dr. Ramakrishnan, Assistant Professor in Wildlife Biology, Department of Zoology, Wildlife Biology, Government Arts College, Udhagamandalam
8. Ajanta Dey, Joint Secretary & Programme Director, Nature Environment & Wildlife Society (NEWS)
9. Naveen Pandey, Deputy Director and Veterinary Advisor to The Corbett Foundation
10. Prof. (Dr.) Shobhalata V. Udapudi, Centre Director, Centre for Environmental Law and Sustainable Development, Gujarat National Law University.
11. Noyal Thomas, IGF Forest Policy & Project Elephant Divisions Of the Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change
12. Dr. Pushpa Kumar Lakshmanan, Assistant Professor (Senior), Faculty of Law, University of Delhi
13. Sanjay Upadhyay, Advocate Supreme Court of India and Managing Partner at Enviro Legal Defence Firm
14. Dr Nishith A Dharaiya, Associate Professor,Department of Life Sciences, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patna
15. Dr. Sanjiv Tyagi, IFS, Gujarat Forest Research Foundation,
16. Justus Joshua, Ph.D, Director & Principal Scientist, Biodiversity Conservation, Green Future Foundation
17. Shri R D Kamboj, IFS, Director GEER Foundation
18. Ms. Mrinalini Banerjee, Research Scholar – GNLU
There is no registration fee for the Conference.
To register, click here.
The event brochure can be found here.