Legum Auxilium: Online Essay Writing Competition ,NLU Nagpur
The Legal Aid Committee of National Law University, Nagpur is conducting the first edition of Legum Auxilium an online Essay Writing Competition for Undergraduates and Postgraduates from diverse disciplines with an objective to enhance the reading, writing and analytical skills of the students in the purview of Legal Aid and access to justice.
- Modes and mechanism for efficient and enhanced Legal Aid
- Customs and social practices: Hindrance to access to justice
- Access to legal aid to non-citizens
- Role of judiciary in access to justice
- Pro bono work: Need of the hour
- Need for legal literacy in the corporate world-a wakeup call
- Criminal Victimization
- Access to justice for marginalised section: Recent Trends
Who can apply?
The competition is open to the students pursuing any Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses in any University/College across the globe.
- The submissions must be mailed at email@example.com (in .docx format).
- Plagiarism of more than 15% shall result in disqualification.
- Only original essays on the selected text that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed.
- No identification marks exhibiting the identity of author must be found in any part of the essay.
- Word limit for the Essay is 2000 words (exclusive of footnotes).
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- Late Entries shall not be accepted.
- The manuscript must not have any indication of the identity of the author. However, a covering email/letter with the biographical information of the author(s) must be sent, which should include the following details: Name, E-mail address, Designation (Course and Academic Year, if applicable), Contact Details, Postal Address, Institutional affiliation.
- The last date for submission of essay is October 20, 2018 up to 11:59 PM. All submissions will go through rounds of scrutiny and the shortlisted contributors will be duly informed.
- Entries will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of impartial judges and academicians.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, style and organization, quality of analysis and quality of research.
- Essays will be judged anonymously.
- The winning submission will be awarded a Winner’s Certificate and a Cash Prize of Rs.10,000/-.
- The submission placed second will be awarded a Runner-Up Certificate and a Cash Prize of Rs.7,500/-.
- The submission placed third will be awarded a Second Runner-Up Certificate and a Cash Prize of Rs.5,000/-.
- All participants shall be given a participation certificate.
For any queries Email at firstname.lastname@example.org
For Poster click here