Lloyd Law College invites students for its 1st Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon SAARC Mooting Competition and Law Students Conference - 2016
The First Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon SAARC Mooting Competition and Law Students Conference- 2016 is being organized by Lloyd Law College under technical support from MILAT - Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy, Trivandrum at Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
For the year 2016, there will be two stages of the competition. The Indian Round and the SAARC Round for India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Bhutan, Nepal and Maldives.
The Indian Round shall be held from 9th to 10th January, 2016 at Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida. The SAARC Round shall be held from 4th to 5th March, 2016 at Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida.
A Conference of law students from SAARC countries will also be held along with the Mooting Competition on 6 March, 2016 at Lloyd Law College.
The idea is to provide a forum for interaction among the law students of South Asian region for excellence in legal education and professional development. Understanding the legal system of each others' country will be mutually beneficial in the context of professional development, trade in legal services and law reform. The topic for the 2016 law student conference is “Legal Education in SAARC countries: Opportunities and Challenges”.
The First Prof. N. R. Madhava Menon SAARC Mooting Competition and Law Students Conference- 2016 aims at honing legal advocacy skills among law students of SAARC countries.
Only Top Five Teams From The Indian Round Shall Qualify to Represent India in the SAARC Round.
Team Composition and Eligibility:
- Each team shall consist of Two Counsels and One Researcher in the Indian Round.
- Each of whom must have been born on or after 1 January, 1986; and
- on the 09 January, 2016 is a bonafide undergraduate law student (for the year 2015- 2016 till June 2016) of the Three Year Scheme or Five Year Scheme from an institution duly recognized by the Bar Council of India; and
- Has not been admitted to the practice of law in any jurisdiction.
- Each college or institution shall send only One Team of such eligible participants.
- In no case any team shall consist of more than three participants.
- The registration fee for the Indian Round is Rs. 2,500/-
- All teams participating in the Indian Round shall register themselves through payment of registration fee by E-Transfer and subsequent Email of (successful) transaction details/ or by Demand Draft and subsequent Email of Soft Copy of Demand Draft, which shall be submitted along with duly filled Registration Form to email@example.com by 11:59 p.m. on 15.12.2015
- The Hard Copy of Demand Draft shall be submitted not later than 10:00 a.m. by 09.01.2016 through post or deposit in hand with the Organizing Committee, Lloyd Law College, Plot No. 11, Knowledge Park- II Greater Noida - 201306, Delhi/NCR.
- The demand draft of Rs.2,500 shall be drawn in favour of LLOYD LAW COLLEGE, GREATER NOIDA, and shall be payable at GREATER NOIDA.
- Formal registration of the teams shall be done on 09 January, 2016 at the venue of the competition from 09:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.