Details of business transacted in both the Houses of Parliament during the first phase of Budget session that concluded on March 20, 2015 are given below:
*Rajya Sabha took up for consideration and passing Bills pending in the House or transmitted from Lok Sabha.
Bills passed by both the Houses : 7. Details are given below:
1. The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2015
2. The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2015
3. The Motor Vehicles (Amendment) Bill, 2015
4. The Mines and Minerals (Development & Regulation) Amendment Bill, 2015
5. The Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Amendment Bill, 2015
6. The Constitution (Scheduled Castes) Orders (Amendment) Bill, 2014
7. The Andhra Pradesh Reorganisation (Amendment) Bill, 2015
In addition, Rajya Sabha also passed The Public Premises (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants) Amendment Bill, 2014, passed by Lok Sabha during the last session.
7 more Bills passed by Lok Sabha are:
1. The Right to Fair Compensation and Transparency in Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill, 2015
2. The Warehousing Corporations (Amendment) Bill, 2015
3. The Repealing and Amending Bill, 2014
4. Appropriation and Appropriation Vote on Account Bills, 2015 relating to Railways and the General Budget.
Bills withdrawn in Lok Sabha:
1.The Citizenship (Amendment) Bill, 2014
Bills withdrawn in Rajya Sabha:
1.The Insurance Laws (Amendment) Bill, 2008
2.The Border Security Force (Amendment) Bill, 2011
3.The Wild Life (Protection) Amendment Bill, 2013
Calling Attention Motions taken up:
1. Situatioh arising out of use of harmful pesticides, especially, endosulfan in the country and their adverse impact on human life.
2. Declaring culturally and historically important ancient Banyan tree located at Jyotisar in Kurukshetra, Haryana as a National Heritage.
1. Plight of rubber farmers due to fall in prices of rubber.
Short duration discussions taken up:
Lok Sabha: Agrarian situation in the country.
1. Losses suffered by farmers due to recent rains in various parts of the country
2. Problems being faced by farmers of the country.
Matters under Rule 377 in Lok Sabha : 246
Special Mentions in Rajya Sabha: 106