Mergers & Acquisitions Analysis Competition-2017
GNLU Centre for Corporate and Competition Law in collaboration with GNLU-Khaitan & Co Mergers and Acquisitions Fellowship is organizing Mergers &Acquisitions Analysis Competition-2017 on Snapdeal-Flipkart Merger.
About the Competition:
This Competition attempts to provide a platform for law students for expressing their views on various aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions and understand the various nuances of the entire process.
The competition is the first of its kind whereby students are provided with a unique opportunity to explore and engage in the field of Mergers and Acquisitions (‘M&A’) by combining theoretical knowledge with fieldwork practicalities.
The competition will allow young and dynamic students to understand and appreciate complexities involved in an M&A transaction.
About the Fellowship:
GNLU in collaboration with Khaitan & Co has taken this unique initiative to establish the ‘GNLU-Khaitan & Co M&A Fellowship’ in order to conduct and facilitate in depth research in emerging areas of mergers and acquisitions.
The GNLU Khaitan & Co Fellowship aims to enrich the intellectual resources in the field of corporate mergers and acquisitions, promote quality research and develop a deeper understanding among students and stakeholders about the various issues involved in mergers and acquisitions.
Participant must be an enrolled student of Under Graduate Student of Law (3/5 year) or Post Graduate Student of Law (1/2 year). There is no restriction on the number of entries from any College or University.
Guidelines/Structure of the Competition:
- The competition shall consist of two stages, submission of written drafts and oral submissions.
- The last date for submission of the analysis is October 2, 2017.
- The Oral Presentation shall be held on October 13, 2017.
- Only the shortlisted participants will need to pay a registration fee of Rs.500/- (one person) or Rs.1000/- (a team of two) in order to appear for the Oral presentation.
- The minimum word limit for the entry is 4000 words and maximum word limit is 6000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Co-authorship by a maximum of 2 students is permitted
- The entry must be sent by email to [email protected]c.in
- The list of the top five submissions will be displayed on the GNLU website on October 6, 2017
- The winner shall be provided with an opportunity to intern at Khaitan &Co.
- First Prize 30,000/-
- Second Prize 20,000/-
- Third Prize 10,000/-
- Certificates will be issued to all the participants.
Click here for access to Brochure.