National Conference on The Evolving Regime in Intellectual Property Protection
Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI) and the Third World Network (TWN) under the umbrella of the Health Economics Association of India (HEAI) is organizing a three day conference on “The Evolving Regime in Intellectual Property Protection” from November 2, to November 4, 2015 at Jawaharlal Nehru University in Delhi.
Conference is open to all. General participants may register by writing to email@example.com, for attending the conference proceedings. Conference registration fee of Rs. 500 can be paid in person during the conference.
Objective of the conference
- To discuss the experience of India and other developing countries in implementing the Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) during the past two decades,
- To discuss the implications of the emerging regime of intellectual property protection, especially on access to medicines and agriculture, and ,
- To examine the options available to developing countries for addressing the development challenges posed by the evolving international regime of intellectual property protection
Themes of the Conference
- Experiences of implementing Agreement on TRIPS
- Flexibilities under Agreement on TRIPS for developing countries;
- Impact of TRIPS Agreement on agriculture;
- Contribution of multinational enterprises (MNEs) towards access to medicines
- Utility of patent pools for enhancing access to medicines;
- Issues arising from the emerging regime on intellectual property protection
- Impact of TRIPS on access to knowledge
- Utility of voluntary license including patent pool in enhancing access to medicines
Those who wish to present research papers may submit abstracts of not more than 500 words, briefly explaining the research objectives, methods, findings, and discussion. The last day for submitting abstracts is 30th September, 2015. Abstracts will be peer reviewed. Authors of selected abstracts would be intimated by 10th October, 2015.The abstracts must be mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for the official announcement.