National Level Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition & Judgment Writing Competition on Criminal Law
G.H. Raisoni Law School has announced the National Level Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition & Judgment Writing Competition on Criminal Law 2015 from October 1- October 3, 2015.
The Trial Advocacy Moot Court Competition aims to promote the trial advocacy skills among budding lawyers, whereas judgment writing competition it seeks to achieve clarity of thought, and it aims at deriving a balanced decision & thereby fulfilling its social & civil responsibility by promoting Rule of Law & upholding justice.
Eligibility: Participants should be currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in law i.e. 3 Year LL.B. Programme or 5 Year LL.B. Programme.
- The teams must register online by sending the soft copy of the registration form, DD along with the year the student is studying in and the University/ College they are going to represent along with the attestation of the HOD/Chancellor/Principal or Vice- Principal by 1st September 2015.
- The hard copy of the registration and the demand draft should reach the institution on or before 3rd
Guidelines for Submission of Memorials
- Each team must prepare memorials for both parties to the dispute (Prosecution and
- Six hard copy of both Prosecution and Defence Memorials must reach the host institution latest by 4:30 pm on 21st SEPTEMBER 2015 for the purpose of evaluation. In addition to the above, soft copies of the memorials for both sides must be mailed to email@example.com by 16 September 2015.
- Once the memorials have been submitted, no revisions, supplements, or additions
will be allowed.
- The memorials have to be submitted on typed A 4 size paper printed on one side
and must contain:
• The table of contents
• The index of authorities
• The statement of jurisdiction
• The statement of facts (1 page only and submissions of an argumentative
statement of facts would attract penalties)
• The statement of charges
• The summary of arguments
• The arguments advanced (15 pages)
• The prayer
- Arguments must not exceed 15 (fifteen) pages.
- The font size should be 12, Font Style should be Times New Roman and for double-spaced. Footnotes must be in font size 10; Font Style should be Times New Roman.
- Memorials must have a one inch margin on all sides of each page.
- Page numbering should be on the top right side of each page.
- Covers must be placed on briefs as follows: Prosecution: Blue Color, Defence: Light Red Color.
Submission Procedure for Judgment Writing Competition
- The participant team may submit to the respective regional administrator a judgment arising out of the Trial Moot case in M S Word format not exceeding 3000 words including footnotes, citations etc
- The judgment should be written and submitted in .doc or .docx format by email / CD / Pen drive on the last day of the respective regional rounds of the moot court competition.
- Participation in judgment writing competition is compulsory for all the teams and researcher from each team shall represent the team in the competition.
- Best Trial Advocacy Team Award
- Second Best Trial Advocacy Team Award
- Best Trial Advocate of the Competition
- Second Best Trial Advocate of the Competition
- Best Memorial Award
In addition to the above awards, certificates are given to other winners / categories. Participating certificates would be given to all teams.
Last date for Online Registration: 1st September 2015
Last date for receiving Hard copy of Registration Form: 3rd September 2015
Click here to download the moot problem.
Click here to download the Registration Form.
Click here to download the Travel Details.
Click here to download the rules and regulations.