National Securities Law Moot Court Competition 2015
The Centre for Law and Development, the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi, Kerala is organizing the National Securities Law Moot Court Competition 2015 which is scheduled on September 25 – 27, 2015 at the NUALS Campus, Kalamassery, Kochi, Kerala.
Eligibility: The Competition shall be open for students who are pursuing three or five-year LL.B. Degree Course in Universities/Colleges/Law Departments in India.
- Participation in the Competition is restricted to 20 Teams on a First Come First Serve basis. Teams are required to carefully comply with the registration formalities given below.
- Institutions/Teams interested in participating in the Competition will have to make an initial ‘PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION’. The Provisional Registration shall be done by emailing the scanned copy of the Provisional Registration Form (See Annexure 1 to the Rules) and the Scanned Copy of a Demand Draft for Rs. 3,000/ (Rupees three thousand only) drawn in favour of “The Registrar, The National University of Advanced Legal Studies” at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject of the e-mail shall be “PROVISIONAL REGISTRATION”.
- The priority of the teams shall be determined in accordance with the date and time of receipt of the e-mail communication containing the scanned copies of the Provisional Registration Form and Demand Draft.
- The last date for Provisional Registration is 23:59 hrs on August 22, 2015.
- The teams which have been granted provisional registration shall then e-mail a scanned copy of the Final Registration Forms (See Annexure – 2) at email@example.com on a date not later than August31, 2015.
- The Hard Copy of the Registration Forms and Demand Draft shall be dispatched so as to reach the following address on a date not later than September 5 , 2015:
The Organising Committee, Centre for Law and Development
NATIONAL SECURITIES LAW MOOT COURT COMPETITION
The National University of Advanced Legal Studies (NUALS)
NUALS Campus, Kalamassery, Kochi Kerala, PIN – 683 503
Guidelines for Submission of Memorials
- Teams have to submit memorials for both the parties to the dispute.
- The last date for submission of softcopies of the memorial is 23:59 hrs. on September 20, 2015.
- Softcopies of the memorials are to be e-mailed at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Memorial Submission for the National Securities Law Moot Court Competition, CLD, NUALS”
- Six (6) copies each, of the memorials for both the sides shall be submitted by the teams during registration on September 25, 2015.
Formatting Guidelines for Memorial
- The Soft Copy of the Memorials shall be submitted in ‘Read Only PDF Format’.
- The hard copies of the memorials shall bear a cover page in accordance with the following colour scheme:
Memorial for the Petitioner – Green
• Memorial for the Respondent – Red
- Memorials must be printed on A-4 paper with black ink and must be neatly bound.
- The font of the body of the Memorial must be Times New Roman, size 12, with double line spacing.
- The size of footnotes, if any, must be in Times New Roman, size 12, with line spacing of 1.5.
- Each page must have a margin of at least an inch on all sides.
- The memorials should not be covered with a plastic cover or be spiral bound or combed bound. They should either be stitched or stapled properly. Use of butter paper, plastic sheets, spiral binding etc. is strictly prohibited.
- The Memorial shall consist of the following parts:
• Table of Contents
• List of abbreviations
• Index of Authorities
• Statement of Jurisdiction
• Statement of Facts
• Statement of Issues Page 4 of 11
• Summary of Arguments
• Arguments Advanced
- Best Memorial
- Best Speaker of the Competition
- Best Speaker of Finals
Participants are advised to seek clarifications regarding the Competition by e-mailing to email@example.com.
Click here to download the rescheduled official notification.
Click here to download the rules and regulations.
Click here to download the moot proposition.