National Seminar on “International Human Rights Law: Prospects and Challenges”
Centre for Advanced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR) of Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab is organizing National Seminar on“International Human Rights Law: Prospects And Challenges”. CASIHR has invited seminar papers from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on the issues related to specified themes. It is also proposed that the selected papers by the Committee will be published in a special volume on the seminar in the form of an edited book with ISBN No. Only Full Papers submitted on or before the deadline shall be considered for the publication. Authors of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their papers as per requirement of the theme during sessions on the day of the seminar in person or through web-conferencing.
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law,
Punjab Bhadson Road, Sidhuwal, Patiala,
147001 Ph. 0175 –2391600/601/602, 2391200
Last Date of Submission of Abstract - 5thJanuary 2016
Intimation of Acceptance of Abstract - 10thJanuary 2016
Last Date for Registration and Online Payment - 20thJanuary 2016
Full Paper Submission (Soft Copy) - 31st January 2016
- The registration fees for the Seminar are following:-
- Student - Rs. 700/- (separately for author and co-author)
- Academicians/Lawyers/Research Scholars - Rs. 1000/-
- There shall be not more than two co-authors for a paper.
- Registration and payment is to be done online on or before 20 th January 2016.
- Details of online registration and payment will be intimated along with intimation of Acceptance of Abstract.
- A printed copy of the paper should be submitted at the registration desk on 20 th February, 2016.
Session 1 – Human Dignity, State Sovereignty and International Justice · Genocide and Humanitarian Intervention
- Right to Life and Capital Punishment
- Right to Health and Treatment
- Counter Terrorism and Human Rights
Session 2 – Human Rights of Social Groups
- LGBT Rights
- Women Rights
- Child Rights
- Human Rights to Refugees
Session 3 – Human Rights in International Trade
- Human Rights vis-a-visLabour Laws
- Social Responsibility of Multinational Corporations
- Trade and its Impact on the Right to Environment
Session 4 – Redressal of Human Rights Violation
- International/Global Mechanisms
- Regional Mechanisms
- National Mechanisms
COORDINATORS WITH CONTACT DETAILS
Dr. Shilpa Jain
Assistant Professor of Law
Click here for more details.