National Seminar on Nuclear Energy and Its Regulations
Kerala Law Academy law college in association with Centre For Advanced Legal Studies And Research (CALSAR) is organizing a National Seminar onNuclear Energy and Its Regulation.
4th and 5th of March 2016
Justice V .R Krishna Iyer Memorial Hall at Kerala Law Academy campus, Peroorkada, Trivandrum, Kerala.
|1. India’s nuclear energy program: evolution, technology program, present status.|
2. Introduction to international nuclear law, international conventions.
3. IAEA – its role and functions -, safeguards.
4. The US-India agreement; india specific iaea safeguards agreement
5. Environment aspects of nuclear power.
6. Radio active waste management
7. Human rights issues on nuclear power.
8. Radiation protection: basic understanding, philosophy, Indian and International system of radiation protection standards
9. Nuclear safety concepts
|10. Nuclear regulatory process in different countries : licensing process, public consultation, etc.|
11. Nuclear regulatory and liability regime in India; the civil liability for nuclear damages act 2010
12. AERB safety, consent and licensing codes; NSRA bill, 2011
13. Comparative regulatory regimes from the OECD: best practices in regulation, consent process, public consultation and involvement
1. Faculty-in-charge ( Co- ordinator) - Dakshina Saraswathy (9744169215)
2. Faculty-in-charge (Convenors )
Sreeja B.G (9744773382)
Prajitha P.G (9961706340)