National Seminar to Mark 10 Years of the RTI Act “Good Governance – The RTI Way”
National Law School of India University, Bangalore in collaboration with Karnataka State Law University, Hubli is organizing a One Day Seminar on “Good Governance- The RTI Way” to marks 10 years of the Act and invites well researched and documented papers for presentation at the National Seminar.
Date: October 12, 2015
Venue: Krishnappa Hall, National Law School, Bengaluru
- Right to Information Act and its compliance.
- Right to Information Act as an anti- corruption tool.
- The Right to Privacy and Right to Information Act.
- Right to Information Act and Good Governance in India.
- Role of Right to Information Act in promoting Accountability and Transparency in Public sector undertakings.
- Right to Information Act and its effectiveness in eradicating corruption.
- Right to Information Act and effective service delivery.
- Right to Information Act and Whistle Blowers.
- Right to Information Act and role of the NGOs.
- Right to Information Act and Corporate Law in India.
- Ambit and scope of the Right to Information Act: Comparative perspective.
- Exemptions under Right to Information Act.
- Competent authority and RTI
- RTI and Human Rights.
- Right to information and Consumer Rights
- Environment Protection and Right to Information Act.
- Right to Information Act and public policy.
Form of Submission
- Scholarly articles and research Papers (5000-8000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Short Articles (3000 -5000 words, inclusive of footnotes)
- Case notes and comments
- Submissions are to be made only in electronic form and must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org (in MS Word format) along with a covering letter addressed to Dr. Sairam Bhat (Coordinator).
- The covering letter should include the author’s contact information and a short abstract that outlines the main questions or themes addressed in the paper.
- The abstract may be up to 500 words.
Registration Fees: Rs 1500/- [non-residential] , DD Should be in the name of National Law School of India University, Payable at Bengaluru, to be sent to Ms. R.S. Baba, National Law School of India University, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru-560072.
Last date for submission of abstract: 10th September, 2015.
Last date for submission of paper: 5th October, 2015.
Click here to download the brochure.