Nehru Memorial Law College National Moot Court Competition 2015
Nehru Memorial Law PG College is hosting National Moot Court Competition. The aim to organize this moot competition is to provide law students an exposure to contemporary socio-legal issues in the dispensation of justice.
The competition shall be held from 6 th-7 th November, 2015
Nehru Memorial Law PG College, Hanumangarh Town, Rajasthan-335513
ELIGIBILITY AND TEAM COMPOSITION
- The Competition shall be open for students who are pursuing three or five-year LL.B. Degree Course and LL.M. Degree Course students are also eligible to participate in the competition.
- A Team shall be ordinarily composed of three (3) members, with two Oralists and one Researcher.
- This team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances A two-member team comprising of only two Oralists with no Researcher will also be permitted. A minimum of two members will thus be required for each team. Teams wishing to bring additional members as observers shall be required to intimate the Committee at the earliest but the same shall however not be eligible for a certificate.
- All stated personsmust produce their ID also.
Teams must confirm participation by sending the scanned copy of the duly filled registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org the subject as “Registration Form for Nehru Memorial Law College National Moot Court Competition 2015” latest by 20th September, 2015.
- Registration fee for the moot is Rs.1000 per team (only one team per Department or one team per college). The payment will have to be made in the form of a demand draft/Cheque in favour of ‘The Principal, NM Law PG College, HanumangarhTown’
- The duly filled registration form and demand draft have to be sent, latest by 30th September, 2015, to the following address: Nehru Memorial Law PG College, Hanumangarh Town, Rajasthan-335513.
GUIDELINES FOR THE MEMORIALS
- Teams have to submit memorials for both the parties to the dispute.
- Softcopies of the memorials are to be mailed at email@example.com with subject as“Memorial Submission for theNehru Memorial Law College National Moot Court Competition2015” The last date for submission of softcopyand hardcopy of the memorial is 15th October, 2015.
- Five (5) copies each of the memorials for both the sides (excluding copies for use by the team) shallbe submitted by the teams during registration on the first date of the Competition i.e. 6thNovember,2015 between 9:00AM to 10: 00 AM in the Campus of Nehru Memorial Law PG College.
- Content of the hard copy must be same as that of the soft copy, failing which team will be penalizedand may even be disqualified.
- Memorials shall be judged on the following criteria:
- Identity of the institute must not be revealed/ disclosed in any manner in the memorials or the compendium (if any).
- A uniform style of citation should be followed in the memorial throughout. Teams are advised to use The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation (19th Ed.). Footnotes shall contain only the citation, and shall not contain comments or quotes. The teams may submit a compendium of cases and other materials referred to in the memorials, to the court clerk, at the time of the rounds. Such a compendium is not to be submitted at the time of registration on 6thNovember, 2015.
- All memorials submitted must conform with the following general requirements and a team will attract negative marking for failure to keep within the limitation as described below.
- Memorials must be printed on A-4 paper with black ink and must be neatly bound.
- The font of the body of the Memorial must be Times New Roman, size 12, with double line spacing. The size of footnotes must be in Times New Roman font size 10 with line spacing of 1.5.
- Each page must have a margin of at least an inch on all sides. The memorials should not be covered with a plastic cover or be spiral bound or combed bound. They should either be stitched or stapled properly. Use of butter paper, plastic sheets, spiral binding etc. is strictly prohibited.
- The Cover Page of the memo from the first side (Petitioner) should be in Blue and from thesecond side (Respondent) should be in Red.
- If two Memorials are found to be substantially similar and, upon consultation with the Judge(s), it is concluded that unethical practices may have been followed, penalties may be imposed and/or the concerned team(s) may be liable to be disqualified.
- Memorials once submitted shall be deemed to be final.
- Memorials submitted shall not be returned.
FORMAT OF THE MEMORIALS
The Memorial should not exceed 25 typed pages and shall consist of the following parts:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Statement of Issues
- Summary of Arguments
- Arguments Advanced
- Two team prizes, one prize for the best memorial and individual prize for the Best speaker will be awarded.
- The two speakers and the researcher will be awarded certificates of participation.
- The winner team shall be awarded a trophy. In addition to the trophy, there shall be cash prizes:
- First Prize (Winner Team) Rs 3,100/-
- Best Memorial Rs 1,500/-
- Second Prize (Runner up Team) Rs 2,100/-Best MooterRs 1,100/-
- Accommodation will be provided to all the teams.
- For any additional members of any team the host College will not be responsible for his/her accommodation.
- Conveyance will be provided to all the teams from the Station on their arrival to the accommodation.
- Food for all the days of the competition will be provided to all the teams.
- Teams must send a scanned copy of the travel details form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject as “Travel Details for Nehru Memorial National Moot Court Competition 2015”. This should be sent no later than 25th October, 2015.
- Participants shall use only their URN numbers for identification purposes. No electronic device, including (but not limited to), laptops, tablet computers, mobile phones etc. may be used by any member of the teams during the course of the round, including when the opposite team is addressing arguments. Teams are therefore advised to ensure that the delivery of their oral arguments is not dependent on electronic devices.
- Teams shall not be allowed to observe the orals of another team. Scouting is strictly prohibited. Scouting by any team shall entail instant disqualification
- The student counsels shall not state their names during the oral rounds, and must use the team Code. All team members must refrain from disclosing the identity of their institution at any time and in any manner, during the oral rounds. Non-compliance with this Rule will result in immediate disqualification of the team.
- The Rules shall be strictly adhered to. The organizers reserve the right to disqualify teams for deviating from the Rules. The Organizers will resolve any contingencies that may arise and will be the final arbiters regarding any doubts/grievances. The decision taken by the Organizers shall be final. These Rules are not exhaustive.
- All the participants are expected to maintain decorum in the Court during the Competition and to conduct themselves in a manner befitting the legal profession throughout the Competition, both within and outside of the Court rooms.
- The Organisers reserve the right to cancel/postpone/reschedule the Competition in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.
- The Organisers reserve the right to vary, alter, modify or repeal any of the above mentioned rules, if so required, and as they may deem appropriate. (viii)Acceptance of the above mentioned rules is a precondition to participation in the Competition
INTERPRETATION OF RULES
- The interpretation placed upon these Rules by the Organizers shall be conclusive. The decision of the Organizer regarding the application of these Rules shall be final.
- All the rules are only inclusive and not exhaustive for the competition. (iii) Rules should be strictly adhered to. Any deviation wherefrom would attract disqualification.
QUERIES AND CLARIFICATIONS
In case of any questions related to problem or clarifications regarding the competition, feel free to contact the following: E-Mail Id: email@example.com
K. B. Ojha(+91 9530203557)
BrajeshAgarwal +91 9414445584
Mohammad Imran +91 9759108093
FaizanurRahman +91 8348333999
For the further details and moot problem click here.