Following suit with various Courts across the country, the Rajasthan High Court today issued a notice & circular towards effectuating containment of novel coronavirus.
A circular states that video conferencing between Chief Justice, all Judges, Advocate General, Additional Solicitor General and representatives of the bar will be conducted at the Jodhpur/Jaipur Bench to discuss measures on March 17, 2020 at 9.45 AM.
Another circular insinuates preventive & remedial instructions to all premises of subordinate courts within the state.
The circular, inter alia states that all District courts and other courts must observe the following:-
1) Restrict public/mass gatherings as far as possible within premises;
2) Non-insistence on presence of parties unless extremely essential and allowing personal exemption requests of accused/complainant/ witness;
3) Over-crowding of lockup must be avoided & remand to be given through video conferencing;
4) Mediation(s) to be held only in urgent matters;
5) Advocates must advise their clients against visiting court premise;
6) All courtrooms and fitments to be cleaned twice a day with disinfectant;
7) Government-appointed nodal officers and paramedical personnel deployed in each district to conduct medical check-up of entrants & take appropriate measures against suspected infectants;
8) Court Staff suffering from cold/cough/wheezing to follow medical advice;
9) Ensure all preventive & remedial measures, suggested by authorities are taken.
The circular, undersigned by the Registrar General is to remain in force until further order.
Various High Courts including the top court have released circulars in the past week to curb spread of the pandemic and are expected to conduct restricted hearings.
According to news reports two people from Rajasthan have tested positive for Novel Coronavirus, with the total coronavirus infected toll standing a little below 100 in India.
Read the Circular Here