The Karnataka High Court on Tuesday issued a notification directing all the members of the staff to take a serious note of the advisory issued by it to the Judicial officers and the members of the staff of the Courts. It has said the precautionary measures set out in the Advisory shall be scrupulously followed.
The notification which is applicable during closure period states that "Whenever members of the staff are called upon to attend the Court for urgent work or to attend home offices of the Hon'ble Judges, it shall be ensured that all of them are wearing proper masks and all of them properly wash their hands with soap or hand sanitizer before commencing their work. Social distancing shall be maintained by them.
Every person entering the Court precincts including the Police, Security staff, members of the Court staff including drivers and PSOs of the Hon'ble Judges, shall be scanned at the entry point by using temperature scanners/thermal scanners by the health workers of the State Government and an inquiry shall be made through health workers to ascertain whether any of them are having known symptoms of Covid-19. If it is found that temperature is not normal or any of them are found to have symptoms, their entry in the court precincts shall not be permitted.
The names and cell phone numbers of the persons entering the Court precincts shall be recorded. No one should be allowed to enter the Court precincts without wearing a proper mask. The aforesaid directions are also applicable to the Advocates/Advocates' clerks/parties-in-person visiting the Courts for the purposes of payment of court fees or payment of process fees. During Closure period entry shall be restricted only through one or two entry points.
Advisory issued to Judicial Officers, court staff of all the courts including High Court and the staff in Government Advocates/Prosecutors Office, says "Please remember that you are not only responsible for your own safety, but also for the safety of your family and your colleagues at your workplace. Please note that if you do not take necessary precautions, the others may suffer."
BASIC PROTECTIVE MEASURES AGAINST THE COVID-19, DURING THE COURT HOURS IN COURT PREMISES:
1. Use of masks in the precincts of the Courts is compulsory. Do not move out of the house without wearing a proper mask. The mask should be proper and clean. Official guidelines are available on social media to make proper mask at home. After entering the office, wash your hands with liquid soap. Frequently clean your hands by using an alcohol based hand rub product like gel or sanitizer or wash your hands with alkaline soap and water.
2. Avoid close contact with anyone and maintain at least 6 feet distance between yourself and any other persons in the office. (Maintain all the norms of social Social Distancing).
3. Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
4. Practice good respiratory and personal hygiene.
5. Do not shake hands with anyone.
6. Do not participate in gatherings including sitting in groups at any place.
7. Use hand gloves while dealing with office files/case files.
8. Download Aarogya Sethu App to ascertain the Corona infected persons around you. Make self assessment every day. You have dry cough, cold, throat irritation or temperature, do not go to workplace and contact a doctor.
9. As far as possible, while moving out of your house, always carry a small hand sanitizer bottle with you all along and frequently use it.
Protective measures while going back home from office or from market after buying grocery/medicines, which are as under:
1. Ring up home before you leave the office or inform the time of reaching home in advance.
2. Someone at home should keep the front door open (so that you don't have to touch the calling bell or door handle) and a bucket of hot water with washing soap powder or bleaching powder added to it in the front door.
3. Keep things (keys with you, sanitizer bottle, and phone) in a box outside the door.
4. Wash your hands in the bucket and wash your feet. Use tissue paper or a clean piece of cloth by putting sanitizer and wipe the items you have placed in the box. The used tissue papers should be disposed of properly. If a clean piece of cloth is used, it should be properly washed. Then enter the house without touching anything.
5. The bathroom door shall be kept open by and a bucket of hot detergent soap water be kept ready. Soak your clothes used outside in the bucket
6. Then take a head bath with shampoo and body bath with soap
7. Wash your clothes/put in washing machine with high temperature settings and dry clothes in direct sunlight.
8. Practice Yoga and Pranayama or do some other good exercise at home.
Click Here To Download Notification