Begin typing your search above and press return to search.
NCLT Prescribes Dress Code For Members, Lawyers, RP, Authorized Representative & Parties In Person
The National Company Law Tribunal (“NCLT”) has issued an order dated 27.01.2023 specifying the dress code for NCLT President, NCLT Members, Legal Practioners, Authorized Representatives, Interim Resolution Professional, Liquidator, Resolution Professional and parties in person.
The prescribed dress code is as under:
- President and Members: Long trousers (White/Black, Black striped or Grey), National Dress with a shirt and collar band alongwith a black coat/buttoned up black coat. The Female President or Member are directed to wear a sober coloured saree, national dress and collar band with a black coat/buttoned up black coat.
- Legal Practioners: the dress code prescribed under the Bar Council of India Rules under Section 49(1)(gg) of the Advocates Act, 1961.
- Authroized Representative (Chartered Accountant, Company Secretary, Cost Accountant): professional dress, if any prescribed under their respective code of conduct. In case no dress code is prescribed, a male member shall wear sober coloured dress/national dress with a buttoned up coat, or a coat with tie. A female member shall wear a sober coloured saree or formal national dress. A suit or buttoned up coat is optional.
- Resolution Profeesional/Interim Resolution Professional: A male member shall wear sober coloured dress/national dress, a suit or buttoned up coat and tie. A female member shall wear a sober coloured saree or formal national dress. A suit or buttoned up coat is optional.
- Parties in person: national dress in a sober colour.