NILS Law Review: Call for Papers
The Network for International Law Students (NILS) is an International, non political, non profit making organization. The organization is operated by and for students seeking to promote legal awareness amongst the people and aspires to encourage communication and cooperation amongst law students and lawyers internationally and seeks contribution to legal education, promotion of social responsibility in the field of law, increasing opportunities for students to learn about other cultures and legal systems worldwide, and publicizing educational and career opportunities in law.
The events and activities of NILS comprise of a large variety of projects as well as academic and professional events that are organized to meet the vision of NILS and in order to provide our members, opportunities to enhance their skills and to interact with each other. Furthermore NILS provides law students opportunities to develop their skills through our traineeship programme as well as through our publications.
The NILS invites submissions for their annual law review names “NILS Law Review”. NILS Law Review (Vol. 1) is a peer-reviewed, double-blind journal. It is to be released in association with Indian National Bar Association (INBA) on the 26th of November, 2014 amidst the National Law Day 2014 celebration in Hotel Suryaa, New Delhi.
- The topics for the law review are as follows:
- International Human Rights Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Trade Policy & Regulations
- Trade Secrecy Law
- Asia Currency Union
- Supra State Entities: EU and Beyond
- Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Maritime Law
And any other topics of contemporary and international relevance
5,000 words (exclusive of footnotes) in case of Articles
2,500 words (exclusive of footnotes) in case of Case Notes
1,500 words (exclusive of footnotes) in case of Book Reviews
- All manuscripts must be submitted in electronic format only.
- All manuscripts submitted shall accompany;
- A covering letter with the Name(s) of the Author(s), Institution/Affiliation, the Title of the manuscript and contact information viz. Email ID and Mobile number.
- An undertaking as to the work submitted is genuine and the author is the original owner of the work, and the same is not published anywhere before.
- An abstract of not more than 300 words describing the submission.
- Electronic submissions shall be made in Word Format (.doc)/(.docx) only.
- No biographical information or references, including the name(s) of the author (s), affiliation(s) and acknowledgements should be included in the text of the manuscript, file name or document properties. All such information may be incorporated in the covering letter accompanying the manuscripts.
- The main text of the paper should be in font size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing and footnotes in font size 10, Times New Roman, 1.0 line spacing. Legal maxims should be in italics.
Last date of Submission
The submissions must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘Submission for NILS Law Review Vol. 1 – Author/s name –Institution’ by September 15, 2014.
Click here for downloading the brochure
Click here to visit the official website