NLIU – Justice RK Tankha Memorial International Moot Court Competition, 2018 [23rd-25th Feb]
The National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal, in association with the office of senior advocate Vivek Tankha, has announced the third edition of its flagship event, NLIU – Justice RK Tankha Memorial International Moot Court Competition, 2018, organized in the memory of the late Justice RK Tankha.
The NLIU also announced its collaboration with International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Court of Arbitration – Asia, as their institutional partner and Luthra & Luthra Law Offices as their knowledge partner.
This year, the International Commercial Arbitration Competition is based on the ICC Rules of Arbitration.
Venue: The competition shall be held at the NLIU campus in Bhopal.
Dates: 23rd to 25th February
- Cash prizes of Rs 2,50,000 to the awardees of the moot.
- Further, Luthra & Luthra Law Offices will also be offering internships to the members of the winning team!
- In addition to the above, the ICC International Court of Arbitration will award The Secretariat’s Guide to ICC Arbitrationto the winning team, the runner-up team and to the best international team.
The registration process is three-fold:
- Provisional Registration (only for Indian law schools):The institutions, through their respective MCC/MCS/MCA or any other designated student body, are required to register with us, provisionally, for the moot by sending an email to [email protected] by 20th December, 2017.
- Final Registration:Such institutions which have completed their provisional registration may then proceed to submit the team details through the website link. Please note that the institution’s registration shall be considered only after its provisional registration has been completed. Teams, which have already registered through the website but their institutions have not registered provisionally, are required to re-register in accordance with the above-mentioned rule.
- Payment of registration fee:As per the Rules, Rs 1,500 shall be payable as the registration fee for the moot. The mode of payment has been mentioned in the annexure to the rules.
Depending on the participation, the organisers reserve the right to impose a cap on the number of teams.
Queries, including registration emails, should be addressed to [email protected]. Teams may also contact
- Jasraj Singh Narula, Convenor (+91-8120003293);
- Praharsh Johorey, Co-convenor (+91-9717888993);
- Shashank Chaddha, Secretary (+91-8109221060);
- Priyam Jhudele, Joint Secretary (+91-8989444107).
The case record, rules and timeline can be accessed here.