NLSIU International Seminar Series-2 on ‘Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards: A Comparative Perspective’
National Law School of India University, Bengaluru, is organizing Seminar Series-2 on ‘Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards: A Comparative Perspective’ July 27th and 28th 2018.
About the seminar:
The Two Day International Seminar on Enforcement Trends of Arbitral Awards intends to look at these matters from an analytical lens and understand the practical implications of such legal developments in the area of international commercial arbitration.
The Seminar will invite presentations and papers on the following themes:
- International Commercial Arbitration: Issues and challenges
- Domestic legal framework on commercial Arbitration: Recent developments, issues and challenges, comparative perspectives
- Challenging a foreign arbitral award in domestic courts: Law and Procedures
- Enforcement of foreign arbitral award: Process, issues, and trends
- Distinction and similarities in the enforcement trends of arbitral awards in common and civil law countries.
- International investment arbitration: Framework and challenges
- Bilateral Investment Treaties and Arbitration: Developments, issues, and challenges.
- Impact of changes to Arbitration law on foreign arbitral awards and enforcement
Who Can Attend?
- All interested legal practitioners, arbitrators, academicians, research scholars, solicitors, attorneys, advocates, and students are invited to submit papers and participate in the seminar.
- Abstracts of not more than 500 words, for original researched papers on the above-mentioned themes, are invited.
- Authors of shortlisted abstracts shall be required to send their full-length papers.
- Authors of accepted papers shall have the privilege of presenting their paper at this seminar.
- Papers of outstanding quality shall be published.
- There can be maximum only one Co-author.
- The full length research papers in case of short articles should be 3500 – 5000 words (inclusive of foot notes), and around 8000 words (inclusive of foot notes) in case of long articles.
- Abstracts and papers should be submitted as Word documents, with a covering letter containing the name and designation of the author(s), and should be emailed to the email addresses listed below.
- After peer review, select papers/articles will be published by NLSIU. Registration Charges:
Seminar Registration: Rs 6000/- per author / per participant. [Non- Residential]
- Abstract Submission: 25th May 2018
- Communication for Acceptance of Abstract: 30th May 2018
- Submission of Full-Length Papers: 15th July 2018
- Last Date for Registration: 5th June 2018
- Date of Seminar: 27th and 28th July 2018
For Brochure and Registration form click here