NLU, Delhi GIAN Course on ‘Empirical Methods In Legal Research’ December 4 - 8, 2017
The Government of India has approved a new program titled Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) in Higher Education aimed at tapping the talent pool of scientists and entrepreneurs, internationally to encourage their engagement with the institutes of Higher Education in India so as to augment the country’s existing academic resources, accelerate the pace of quality reform, and elevate India’s scientific and technological capacity to global excellence.
Objectives of the Course:
- The primary objectives of the course are as follows:
- Introduce fundamental techniques commonly used in empirical study of law.
- Provide methods for gathering data, testing hypotheses, and interpreting results.
- Empirical research designs planning empirical research proposal.
- Writing empirical research report.
Duration of the Course and Credits:
This five days program will have 10 hours lectures and 5 hours discussion sessions the timing would preferably from 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. There would be a written evaluation in case of those who wish to earn the credit for this programme.
Who Can Attend?
- Students at all levels in fields of law or social science (LL.B., B.A., Ph.D., etc.)
- Faculty of law or faculty in other fields with interest in empirical work on law
- Practicing lawyers, government officials, and leaders of non-governmental institutions interested in engagement with empirical research on law.
- Researchers in the field of law or social sciences
Procedure for Application & Shortlisting:
- The candidate’s desirous of attending the course may send duly filled registration form along with Online Payment Receipt at email@example.com
- Faculty/students from academic institutions are also required to send a copy of their current valid Identity card OR a bonafide certificate from their institution at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date of submission of application: 14th November, 2017.
- Short-listed candidates will be intimated by the 20th November, 2017.
Procedure for Application:
- The maximum number of participants will be limited to fifty only.
- As per GIAN Guidelines, candidates of the host institution can fill a maximum 50% of the total seats.
Fees: The participation fees for the course are as follows:
- Participants from outside India: US $250/-
- Professionals/Lawyers/Non-Academics (without accommodation): Rs.5,000
- Students from academic institutions requiring accommodation (Dormitory accommodation): Rs. 4,000/-
- Faculty/Students from academic institutions not requiring accommodation: Rs. 3,000/-
- Faculty members requiring accommodation on shared basis: Rs. 10,000/-
- Faculty and Students from National Law University, Delhi: No Fee
- Registration Fee shall be payable via online on below mentioned link: https://www.digialm.com//EForms/configuredHtml/511/50084/application.html
- After payment, kindly send the Fee receipt along with filled Registration form to email@example.com
For official notification and registration form click here