NLU Delhi-HSF International Negotiation Competition 2016
9 April 2016 7:09 PM GMT
National Law University, Delhi (NLU Delhi) and Herbert Smith Freehills (HSF) are organizing third edition of the NLU-HSF International Negotiation Competition (INC) on 9-11September 2016 in Delhi. . The competition aims at providing an opportunity to law students of top universities across the globe to practice and improve their negotiation skills. It provides a platform for students to compete in a truly diverse and an international environment. The competition is carefully structured to simulate legal negotiations particularly for those students who aspire to be international lawyers.
- 15 June 2016 - Release of the problems/ negotiation simulations
- 1 August 2016- Submission of the negotiation plan
- 9 September 2016- Registration and welcome address
- 10 September 2016 - Preliminary rounds
- 11 September 2016 - Semi-finals, finals and the awards ceremony
- Structure of the competition: 25-30 teams from across the globe will participate in the competition. There will be two preliminary rounds. Four teams will advance to the semi-finals, which will be knock-out rounds. The final round will take place between the winners of the two semi-finals. Each round will consist of a 60 or 90 minute negotiation session, which may be extended at the discretion of the judges, to make it akin to a real life experience.
- Team composition: Each team will consist of two students.
- Eligible students: All students who are enrolled in a full-time law degree (undergraduate or post-graduate) as on 1 September 2016 will be eligible to participate. University representation: Only one team per University will be allowed to participate in the competition.
- Registration fees: A registration fee of INR 2000 per team will be charged, to be paid upon arrival at NLU Delhi.
- Travel expenses and accommodation: Each participant will be responsible for his or her own travel expenses. NLU Delhi will provide accommodation to the participants on the days of the competition for no costs.
- Registration: Once you have confirmed participation, you will be requested to provide the team details.
- Indian visa: International teams are recommended to apply for the Indian visa at least 4-6 weeks before the competition dates. The Indian visa requirements will vary from country-to-country, thus it is advisable to visit the Indian embassy's website of your country for further details. India has recently started the TVOA facility (Tourist visa on arrival) for select countries.
For further information about the competition, please contact Daniel Mathew (email@example.com)