NUALS Kochi’s National Seminar on Sustainable Development [3rd-4th Mar]
The Centre for Environment and Law (CEL) and Centre for Law and Economics (CLE), NUALS, Kochi, are conducting a two-day national workshop on Sustainable Development - Balancing Ecology with Economy on 3 and 4 March 2018.
This workshop aims to discuss various conflicts underlying economic growth and sustainable development. It mainly focuses on deliberating upon the most pertinent challenges facing humanity at large, which is balancing social progress, infrastructure and economic growth with sustainable environmental protection.
It aims to provide a platform for the participants to interact with environmental activists, lawyers and academicians who have worked at the ground level, in Tribunals and with institutions in order to gain a holistic and realistic perspective on the status quo of environmental governance in India.
- Balancing Sustainable Development Goals and Entrepreneurship.
- Lacunae in Law and Policy to promote sustainable development.
- Infrastructure and Environment Protection.
- Environmental Activism and Collective Responsibility Goals.
- Food Security and GM Concerns.
- Energy and Environment.
- Water resources – Lakes and Groundwater Preservation.
- Air Pollution – Future of our Cities.
- Noise Pollution.
- Climate Change Economics and International Action.
Eligibility: Academicians, Professionals, Research Scholars and Students
Registration: Register here by 27 February 2018.
Accommodation: The accommodation will be made available on chargeable basis.
For further information, email at email@example.com or contact Swetha Janakiraman (9845706733), or Govind Nair (9497434000).