One Day Training Programme On Human Rights, Organized By Faculty Of Law, Jagannath University, Jaipur
Date: 17th February 2018
Time: 09:00 AM - 05:00 PM
Venue: Auditorium Hall, Jagannath University, IP 2 & 3, Phase IV, Sitapura Industrial Area, Opp. Chokhi Dhani, Jaipur-302022
One day training programme on Human Rights Organized by Faculty of Law, Jagannath University, Jaipur in Association with National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi.
Who can apply?
All interested participants including students, teachers of various disciplines.
How to Register?
All interested participants including students, teachers of various disciplines shall register on website (www.jagannathuniversity.org) on or before 17th February 2018.
Session 1 – Introduction to Human Rights
- Constitutional provisions
- Universal declaration on Human Rights, 1948
- International Covenants regarding Human Rights
Session 2 – Human Rights Institutions in India
- Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993
- Composition and Functioning of NHRC/SHRCs
- Other National /State Commissions
Session 3 – Rights of Women and Children
- UN Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Discrimination against Women, 1979 (CEDAW) and its optional protocols
- UN Convention on Rights of Child, 1989 and its optional protocols
Session 4 – Rights of other vulnerable groups
- Bonded Labour issues and the Bonded Labour System (Abolition) Act, 1976
- Child Labour issues and Child Labour (prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986
- SC/ST issues and Schedules Caste and Schedules Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989
- Civil Liberties Act, 1988 and the Forest Rights Act, 2006
For any queries contact:
Prof. (Dr.) G.S. Rajpurohit
Dean, Faculty of Law, JNU
Mob.: +91 - 9829160431
Prof. (Dr.) Mahendra Tiwari
Head, Department of Law, JNU
Mob.: +91 – 9414295727
For Brochure click here