PACT To Launch 2nd Batch Of Global Academy For Advocacy In Dispute Resolution In Sept
The Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT) is launching the second batch of the Global Academy for Advocacy in Dispute Resolution (GAADR) which will take place from September 19 to 24, 2018.
The first two and half days (19th, 20th, and 21st) will be dedicated to Consensual Dispute Resolution (mediation/conciliation/negotiation).
The latter two and half days (22nd, 23rd, and 24th) will focus on Alternative Dispute Redressal (arbitration).
The CDR component involves:
- Tactfully preparing the client for a mediation/negotiation
- Creating a strategy for your client based on BATNA/WATNA
- How to make the most of a mediator
- Drafting a mediation agreement
- Cross-culture mediation
- Sports mediation
The arbitration component involves the following aspects:
- Honing one’s arbitration skills of case analysis, witness handling and oral arguments.
- Learn to draft, as a performance skill.
- Institutional arbitration.
- Interesting ‘learning by doing’ sessions.
- Individualised feedback for each participant.