National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam has invited applications for the post of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor of Law.
No of Posts
1) Professor of Law: 03
2) Associate Professor of Law: 06
3) Assistant Professor of Law: 09
1) PROFESSOR: SCALE OF PAY: Rs. 37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 10000
2) ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR: SCALE OF PAY: Rs. 37400-67000 (PB-4) AGP Rs. 9000
3) ASSISTANT PROFESSOR: SCALE OF PAY: Rs. 15600-39100 (PB-3) AGP Rs. 6000
1) a) An eminent scholar with a doctoral degree in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline and published work of high quality, and engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of ten publications as books and/ or research/ policy papers.
b) A minimum of ten years experience in post-graduate teaching, and/ or research at a
University/ National level institution, including experience of guiding research at doctoral level.
c) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching process.
d) A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based
Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in the Regulation in Appendix-III of the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers dated 18th September 2010.
2) An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who hasmade significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
1) Good academic record with doctoral degree in concerned or allied/relevant discipline.
2) A Master’s degree with at least 55% of marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed.
3) A minimum of eight years experience of teaching and/or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University/ College or Accredited Research Institution/ Industry excluding the period of doctoral research, with some distinction in the areas of scholarship as evidenced by quality of a minimum of five publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
4) Contribution to educational innovation, design of new courses, curricula, and technology-mediated teaching/learning process and/or evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and/or research students.
5) A minimum score as indicated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS), set out in the Regulation in Appendix-III of the UGC Regulations on Minimum Qualifications for Appointment of Teachers dated 18th September 2010.
1) Good academic record as defined by the concerned university with at least 55% marks or, an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed at the Master’s Degree level, in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from accredited foreign University.
2) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/ SET.
3) Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (1) and (2) to this Clause, candidates, who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions.
Note: Candidates with Degrees from IIMs/ IITs / National Law Universities of reputed foreign institutions who have teaching experience of IIMs/ IITs/ National Law Universities would be preferred,
How to apply
1) Applicants must apply in the prescribed form available on the University website: www.nluassam.ac.in. Incomplete applications in any respect shall not be considered.
2) Filled-in Application Form must reach the Deputy Registrar (Finance), National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, NEJOTI Building, Bholanath Mandir Path, B.K. Kakati Road, Ulubari, Guwahati-781007, Assam, E-mail ID: [email protected] , Telephone No. +91-361-2738891/92 and Fax No. +91-361-2738892 with Demand Draft of Rs. 1000/-(for SC/ST/PC Rs. 750/-) drawn in favour of “The Registrar, National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam”, payable at Guwahati.
Click here to download the application form
Last Date for Receipt of Application: 26th December 2014
Click here for more information