Recruitment Notification: Assistant Director & Associate Director, IDIA
26 April 2018 6:52 AM GMT
IDIA Charitable Trust is currently seeking applications for the position of ‘Assistant Director’ and ‘Associate Director’.
The IDIA Charitable Trust (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) is a pan India organisation that trains underprivileged students and helps transform them into leading lawyers and community leaders. IDIA’s activities include sensitising students at senior secondary schools throughout the country to the benefits of a career in law, identifying and training meritorious students from diverse backgrounds for law school entrance exams, providing scholarships and support for students once they reach the nation’s premier law schools, and promoting the development of community leadership from within underprivileged communities.
Role of Assistant/Associate Director: Directors will be working closely with the senior management at IDIA to supervise IDIA’s state teams and be in-charge of proactively managing and activities in IDIA’s national activities. The role will include:
- Directing IDIA’s operations including sensitisations, training, supervising student volunteer teams, fund raising, and other core activities.
- Leading state teams or national verticals and motivating and coordinating with student volunteers.
- Planning, implementing, monitoring and reporting the work done at the organization, and developing/improving upon processes for the same.
- Assisting with the implementation of effective advocacy and outreach strategies for the organisation.
- Facilitating the organisation of events, activities and projects of the organisation.
- Contributing to research undertaken by the organisation in specific areas as required.
- Ensuring close collaboration and coordination with other team members to guarantee smooth implementation of the activities of the organisation.
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing required results as needed within the deadline.
- Taking on any other duties related to your role as directed by the senior management.
- For Assistant Director, no prior work experience required, and the role is open to even law students graduating in 2018.
- For Associate Director, it’s preferable to have at least 2-3 years of work experience in the legal sector.
Skills Required: Ideal applicants should demonstrate including excellent writing and research skills, proactive leadership qualities to conceptualise future operations, and the ability to articulate and advocate the cause of IDIA.
Salary: Will be commensurate with skill-set and prior work experience, and at par with similar positions in the non-profit sector.
Location: Anywhere in India is acceptable, but it would be ideal if a person could be located in Bangalore, Delhi, Mumbai, or Kolkata.
The official notification can be accessed here.