The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) has invited applications from Indian nationals to work as Law Research Associate in NCLT, purely on a contractual assignment.
- Law Graduates (fresh or experienced) who have passed final year L.L.B examination with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognized university.
- The candidate should be enrolled with any Bar Council.
- The age of the candidate shall not be above 30 years as on last date of receipt of applications.
- The candidate must have knowledge of computer operation including retrieval of desired information from various search engines/processors such as Manupatra, SCC Online, etc.
- He/she will be required to adhere to the dress code.
Selection will be made for filling up the existing and future vacancies in NCLT Benches at the following locations:
Remuneration: A consolidated remuneration of Rs 30,000 per month will be paid to the Law Research Associate.
Duties and functions: Law Research Associate shall function as Research Associate attached to Hon'ble President/Members of NCLT for the purpose of identification, selection, collection and combination of case laws, citation andjudicial pronouncements relevant to specific proceedings,sitting in court during hearing of matters by the Tribunal and noting down the arguments, preparing synopsis of the matters listed before the Tribunal, assisting in preparation of draft judgment if asked for. They shall also be responsible for development, storage and speedy retrieval of such material as per requirement and bunching of similar matters.
Period of contract: The period of contract initially will be for one year, extendable further depending upon the performance and requirement. The maximum period of engagement as Law Research Associate on contract basis in the NCLT will not exceed three years.
Last Date to Apply: 15th October 2018
The official notification and application form can be found here.