Research Associate Vacancy at National Law University, Delhi
National Law University, Delhi invites application for full-time Research Associate to the Death Penalty Litigation Clinic functioning on its campus in Dwarka, New Delhi, on a contract basis.
Name of Post: Research Associate
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience but consistent with University policies.
- Graduate with an LLB degree
- Enrollment with any State Bar Council
- Those with full-time litigation experience of one year or more will be given priority
- Ability to read/ write/ speak regional languages will be an advantage but is not mandatory
- Devise legal strategy and arguments for cases handled by the Clinic andcarry out related research.
- Draft criminal appeals, review petitions, writ petitions, affidavits-in-reply, rejoinders, and other legal documents.
- Brief and assist advocates on record and senior counsels.
- Visit prisons across India to conduct detailed interviews with prisoners sentenced to death, their families and trial/appellate court lawyers.
- Regularly communicate with prison authorities to obtain case specific information and documents.
- Collect case records maintained by prisons, previous lawyers, family members or court record rooms.
- Present the work of the Clinic at appropriate forums.
- Assist in writing grant proposals and research funding opportunities.
- Share administrative responsibilities with other Research Associates to ensure smooth functioning of the Clinic.
Interested persons may send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to
Death Penalty Litigation Clinic
National Law University, Delhi
Sector 14, Dwarka
New Delhi-110 078
Deadline: 15th February 2015.
For more details click here.