Research Internship Opportunities on Law of the Sea and Maritime Law by GNLU
GNLU’s Centre for Public International Law has invited application for research internship in the following areas:
- A legislative history and meaning of the Statement of Understanding concerning a specific method to be used in establishing the outer edge of the continental margin
- Benefit-sharing under the UNCLOS
- A comprehensive compilation and analysis of State practice regarding straddling and highly migratory fish stocks, including pursuant to the United Nations Fish Stocks Agreement
- The collection and analysis of the practice of States in relation to enforcement against ships without nationality on the high seas.
- Indian Ocean as a Zone of Peace (IOZOP): Reviving the Implementation of UN Resolution on the IOZOP
Eligibility: LLM / PhD in public international law, preferably in law of the sea and/or maritime law or person(s) having working/research experience in above areas including retired officials.
Duration: 3-6 months; subject to further extension
Benefits: GNLU will provide accommodation and boarding at the GNLU campus.
- Research stipend depending upon the qualification and experience.
- Office space and access to library.
- Waiver of registration fee in GNLU organized certificate courses and training programs.
- GNLU will provide visa assistance to foreign researchers.
Outcome: Research report(s) will be submitted by the Center to the UN Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea (UNDOALOS), UN Commission for Limits of the Continental Shelf (UNCLCS), Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO), International Maritime Organisation (IMO), inter-governmental agencies and governmental departments.
Application: Selected candidates are expected to begin internship latest by 2nd week of April 2016.
Interested candidates shall submit detailed curriculum vitae with one page statement of motivation to Professor Bimal N. Patel, Director and Professor of International Law, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (Gujarat), India at firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax (+91) 79 2327 6613.
Click here for official notification.