School of Law, Christ’s 3rd National ADR Competition [8th-10th Feb, Bengaluru]
The ADR Board of School of Law, Christ (Deemed to be University), Bengaluru, invites all law students, currently pursuing a five-year integrated course or pursuing a three-year LLB course, from institutions around the country to participate in the 3rd National ADR Competition, 2018.
Dates: February 8 - 10, 2018.
The main objective of this tournament is to inspire the students to explore the various aspects of dispute resolution, understand the underlying nuances and tackle challenging situations with a more practical understanding of out of court settlements and alternate means of dispute resolution. It is an initiative aimed at providing a platform to students from across the globe to learn and hone their alternative dispute resolution skills in cross-cultural settings.
It is a 3-day event which will comprise of three sub-events, namely mediation, negotiation and client counselling.
- Mediation Competition: Each team will consist of three participants.
- Negotiation competition: Each team will consist of two participants - one will be the attorney and the other being the client, who will negotiate the differing party in the most adept manner.
- Client Counselling Competition: Each team shall consist of two members. The competition simulates a law office consultation in which two law students, acting as lawyers, are presented with a hypothetical dispute brought before them by a client-actor.
- 2,500/- per team for Client Counselling (Inclusive of Accommodation Fee).
- 3,000/- per team for Mediation (Inclusive of Accommodation Fee).
- 3,000/- per team for Negotiation (Inclusive of Accommodation Fee).
- 24th December 2017: Commencement of provisional registration
- 28th December 2017: Release of rules and application form and travel form
- 4th January 2018: Last date for provisional registration (online)
- 5th January 2018: Release of negotiation and mediation problems
- 10th January 2018: Last date for final registration (submission of soft copy of registration documents and registration fee payment)
- 15thJanuary 2018: Last date for final registration (submission of hard copy of registration documents)
- 2nd February 2018: Release of problem for preliminary rounds of negotiation competition
- 8th-10th February 2018: 3rd National ADR Competition, 2017
Procedure for Registration:
- Each institution shall be allotted 1 slot per competition. The provisional registration can be completed by clicking here.
- There shall be a maximum of 20 teamsper competition. The registration of teams shall be ascertained on a first come, first serve basis.