School of Law, Christ National Moot Court Competition, 2015
School of Law, Christ University, is organizing its 6th Annual National Moot Court Competition (SLCU-NMCC) between 10th and 13th September, 2015.The level of judging over the past years has been one of exceptional standards with several former Judges of the Supreme Court, Judges of various High Courts, numerous senior counsels from far and near and several renowned academics judging the different rounds of the moot and enriching the quality of the competition.
This year’s moot problem revolves around the much debated issues of reservation in private sectors coupled with the status of 'state' under Art. 12 of the Indian Constitution in light of the nitty-gritty of Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009. The different facets of this year's competition will, consequently, enlighten the legal fraternity about the various nuances in this particular field of law and expand horizons with respect to the same.
The “School of Law Christ University National Moot Court Competition, 2015” shall be held from 10th to 13th September 2015.
School of Law,Christ University, Bangalore-560029, Karnataka, India
Law schools/colleges recognised by the Bar Council of India are eligible to participate in the School of Law Chirst University National Moot Court Competition, 2015. The participants should currently be pursuing their Bachelor’s degree in Law i.e., Three Year or Five Year LL.B course.
There shall be three members, two speakers and a researcher in a team.
- The team participating is required to duly fill the Provisional Online Registration Form provided along with the Email by 20th August, 2015 and upload an attested scanned copy of the Demand Draft with the team details by 29th August, 2015.
- A registration fee of Rs.3,000/- shall be sent through Demand Draft in favour of Christ University payable at Bangalore along with the attested printout of the Online Registration Form.
- Each team shall be allotted a Team Code on the receipt of Online Registration Form. Spot registration shall not be entertained.
- Release of the moot problem: 4th August 2015
- Last day for online provisional registration of teams: 20th August 2015
- Last day for registration & payment of registration fee: 29th August 2015
- Last date for Memorial Submission (Soft Copy): 30th August 2015
- Last date for Memorial Submission (Hard Copy): 1st September 2015
- Oral Rounds: 11th -13th September 2015
- Information and required details of the Competition will be updated on the blog by 8th August 2015.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION OF MEMORIAL
- All participating teams shall submit 6 sets of memorials (6 Petitioners and 6 Respondent memorials). Thecover page of the memorials for the Petitioners shall be in Blue and the Respondents shall be in Red.
- The teams shall not indicate their names or the names of their College or University on the memorials.The Team Code allotted to the teams will have to be indicated at the top right corner of the memorials.
- All participating teams must submit a soft copy of their memorials in PDF format, for both the sides by11.59 P.M on 30th August, 2015.
- Teams must send 3 hard copies of the memorials (3 sets i.e., 3 Appellant and 3 Respondent Memorials) by 1stSeptember, 2015.
- Teams must also bring 3 more hard copies of the memorials ( 3 sets i.e., 3 Appellant and 3 RespondentMemorials) which should be submitted to the Organising Committee during the registration process on10th September 2015.
- The hard copies must be exact print outs of the soft copies. Non-compliance with this will entaildisqualification.
- The written memorials shall conform to the below mentioned standards:
- Written submissions shall be printed on white standard A4 size sheet.
- The font and size of the text used in all the parts of the written submissions (except the covers) shall be inTimes New Roman, 12 point and footnotes shall be in Times New Roman, size 10.
- The text in all the parts of each written submission shall have 1.5 line spacing except the text of thefootnotes and the headings which shall be single spaced.
- The comprehensive arguments with appropriate citations shall be contained in the pleadings. The teamsshall follow the 19th Edition of Bluebook mode of citation.
- The pleadings shall not exceed 20 pages.
- The written submission shall include the following:
- Cover Page
- Table of Contents
- Index of Authorities
- Statement of Jurisdiction
- Statement of Facts
- Questions Presented
- Summary of Pleadings
- Appendix (Optional)
The dress code for the competition is as follows:
- Gentlemen: Black Trousers, White Shirt, Black Blazer, Black necktie and Black formal shoes.
- Ladies: Black Trousers, White Shirt, Black Blazer and Black formal shoes.
- Winners Rs 35, 000/-
- Runners Up Rs 25,000/-
- Best Memorial Rs 7,000/-
- Best Speaker Rs 7,000/-
Each team will be presented participation certificates and letters of Merit.