Senior Advocate Prabhuling Navadgi Appointed As Advocate General For Karnataka
Senior Advocate Prabhuling Navadgi has been appointed as the Advocate General for the State of Karnataka with immediate effect. A notification to this effect was issued by Governor of Karnataka, Vajubhai Vala on Thursday on the resignation of Madhusudan R. Naik after Congress lost the Assembly elections.
Mr. Navadgi was designated as a Senior Advocate in July 2014, prior to which he was representing the Karnataka government as Additional Advocate General in 2011. He has also served as the Additional Solicitor General for Karnataka.
In the meantime, the Supreme Court today ordered that a floor test be held in the Karnataka Assembly at 4 pm tomorrow to ascertain whether newly appointed BJP Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa enjoys the majority in the state.
Here are the major directions issued by the Supreme Court today:
- Floor test must be conducted at 4 pm tomorrow
- Protem Speaker to decide the mode of test
- No secret ballot
- Govt shall not nominate the Anglo Indian Representative
- S. Yeddyurappa Government shall not take any major policy decisions
- Karnataka DGP shall ensure the security of MLAs