Senior Research Officer Vacancy at Human Rights Law Network [HRLN]
Human Rights Law Network [HRLN] has invited applications from the eligible candidates for the post of Senior Research Officer for their Prisoners’ Rights Initiative.
Remuneration:Based on experience
Job Details: The job involves:
- Develop and manage research frameworks and lead various research activities for the organisations.
- Write, review and analyze in depth research reports and fact sheets relating to socio legal issues with a rights based approach.
- Facilitate the process for identifying and designing the research protocols, key indicators for each component, to record and report progress during research.
- Have a clear understanding of human rights issues, the Indian judicial system and related concepts.
- Oversee, participate and review the data collection process at the field level. Manage the research projects in an efficient and timely manner and identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation.
- Travel regularly to the field to support data collection, data-management and project implementation as needed by the project.
- Conduct desk research for policies and implementation for secondary data collection for various projects.
- Closely track and update about the latest in the field of research.
- Graduation with Post graduation in law, social sciences or other related subject.
- Proven track record of writing research reports and academic material on variety of social issues with a rights based perspective
- Has experience of managing multi nodal research project.
- Has worked in a court environment or with lawyers in a similar project.
- Demonstrable experience conducting of qualitative and quantitative research.
- Excellent academic writing skills, research report writings.
- Has an exceptional communication skill in English [Hindi and other Indian languages and asset].
- Worked with legal networks, civil society organisations and/or advocacy groups.
How to Apply
The candidates may Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with :
- Their CV
- A covering letter explaining your suitability for the post and addressing each of the requirements set out above, stating where you gained the qualifications, experience, skills and knowledge whether within formal or informal settings.
- Also provide 2 recent work or academic references with contact details (phone and email)
- And a writing sample (no more than two pages) of your original work on any subject.
Click here for the official notification.