Shaastra & Anand & Anand’s LawTech Conference 2019 [4th Jan; IIT Madras]
Shaastra, IIT Madras’s annual technical festival will hold the LawTech Conference 2019.
Date: 4th January 2019
Venue: Indian Institute of Technology Madras, Chennai
Growing out of the increasing intersection between law and technology, the LawTech Conference seeks to serve as a platform to enlighten those interested in the emerging field. With a wide array of events such as workshops, panels, lectures and more, the conference will cover the use of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence, blockchain and law-bots for assisting lawyers and to also help entrepreneurs and inventors with laws on intellectual property and patents.
The presenting sponsor for the LawTech Conference is Anand & Anand, the foremost intellectual property firm in India.
The Conference is open to:
- Lawyers and law students
- Innovators and startups in law tech
- Engineers and inventors interested in patenting
- 09:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Introductory Lecture
- 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: Lecture on Blockchain, Cryptocurrency & Smart Contracts:
- What is Blockchain and distributed ledger system?
- How can it help lawyers and clients?
- Do smart contracts have questionable legal status?
- 11:00 AM - 01:00 PM: Panel Discussion on Artificial Intelligence & Governance:
- What are the laws governing machines and AI?
- Who is liable for crimes committed by AI & bots?
- Standards for IoT.
- 1:00 PM - 02:00 PM: Networking Lunch
- 02:15 PM - 03:15 PM Lecture on the future of Legal-Tech:
- What are the current technologies which are enhancing law?
- Rise of Lawbots.
- What does the future hold?
- 03:30 PM - 05:30 PM: Hands-on online Patenting
- Demonstration of online platforms where engineers and inventors can freelance as a Patent Agent followed by live exercises for the participants.
Queries can be addressed to email@example.com, or Hardhik B Jhurani [+9179890 61349], or Charishma Takkallapalli [+9198408 91737].
For further details, click here.