Short Course on ‘Comparative Contract Law and Practice’
Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN), Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India and Center for Transnational Commercial Law (CTCL) National Law University, Delhi is organizing a short course on Comparative Contract Law and Practice.
Comparative Law is one of the most fascinating subjects in the legal syllabus. This area of law examines the differences and similarities of legal rules and doctrines across various legal systems. Students of comparative law realise that many of the legal issues that they have encountered in their own jurisdiction are resolved in a very different manner in foreign jurisdictions. Contract law in particular has certain features that exist in a radically different shape, or are not present at all in other jurisdictions. An awareness of such differences is vital for students if they wish to be prepared for the challenges of legal practice in a globalised world,where many of them will be faced with cross-border dealings on a daily basis.
The course will be held at National Law University, Delhi. Sector 14, Dwarka, New Delhi- 110078.
12th - 22nd May, 2016
- Registration form to be emailed to [email protected]
- Last date of submission of application: 26th April 2016. Confirmed candidates will be intimated by the next day
The participation fees for taking the course is as follows:
- Participants from foreign countries: US $350
- Industry/ Professionals/ Lawyers:: Ũ20,000/-
- Academic Institutions (Faculty, Students): Ũ10,000/
- Academic Institutions (without accommodation): Ũ5,000/-
- NLUD Faculty, Students, Ph.D. scholars: No registration fee.
Registration shall be on a first-come basis. The above fee includes all instructional materials, computer use for tutorials and assignments, library usage charges and 24hrs free internet facility. (A)-(C) above will be provided 11-day accommodation, food and refreshments.
Click here for further details.