Supreme Court invites Applications for the post of Editor, Supreme Court Reports
11 Dec 2014 1:41 PM GMT
The Supreme Court registry has invited application for the post of Editor of Supreme Court reports. Applications are invited in the prescribed format from the Indian citizens who fulfill the following eligibility conditions as on 1.12.2014 for preparation of a panel for filling up of one post of Editor.
Name of the post: Editor, Supreme Court Reports
No. of Vacancy : 01
Pay Band: Rs. 37400-67000 with Grade Pay Rs. 8700/-
Apply before: 10.1.2015
- Nationality: Indian (post open for Indian Citizens only)
- Qualifications: Applicant must possess a degree in Law from a University in India recognized by the Bar Council of India or any State Bar Council for enrolment as an Advocate and knowledge of computer operation.
- Should be an Advocate enrolled in the territory of India and must have actually practiced in a High Court/Supreme Court for a continuous period of not less than 5 years or must have held a judicial appointment for not less than 5 years.
- Should be a Reader or Lecturer in Law of a recognized University for not less than 5 years.
3 Should have a minimum 3 years service in a Class 1 Gazetted post in Government service.
Mode of Selection
The Applicant may first be required to appear and qualify in a Computer Test which shall comprise of:
- Starting and shutting down of the computer.
- Use of Internet.
- Retrieval of information from the Supreme Court Website.
- Typing on computer.
After the computer test, qualifying candidates will be required to appear for a written test in preparing head-note of judgment followed by an interview.
- The candidates who are eligible and desirous of applying for the post may submit the application as per prescribed format by affixing one recent passport size photograph and other testimonials duly attested by appropriate Gazetted Officers.
- Applications not in conformity and without the required testimonials will be outrightly rejected.
- Candidates are to submit their application sufficiently in time to avoid transit delay, so as to reach the Supreme Court of India by 10.1.2015, failing which their applications will not be taken into consideration.
No Travelling Allowance (TA) or Dearness Allowances (DA) will be paid to the candidates appearing for the interview.
Applications completed in all respects to reach the Registrar (Admn.I), Supreme Court of India, Tilak Marg, New Delhi-110201.
Find the official invitation click here.