NLUO and Surana & Surana International Essay Competition
National Law University Odisha is organizing an International Essay Competition in collaboration with Surana & Surana International Attorney. It is a law firm with over 70 lawyers and consultants, which was established in the year 1971. Their Practice area includes Arbitration, Corporate, Corporate Compliance, Civil and Criminal Litigation, etc.
Theme: Securities and Competition Law.
The following sub-themes have been identified as requiring academic consideration –
- Insider trading and its implications on Competition law
- Mergers and Competition law
- Market disrupters in the Indian Market
- Development of the essential facilities doctrine in the Indian Market
Prizes:The competition carries total prize money worth more than Rs 60,000.
- Winners -Rs. 25,000
- First Runners-Up- Rs. 15,000
- Second Runners-Up- Rs. 10,000
- Remaining top twelve participants will receive Rs.1000 each as the Consolation Prize
- Additionally, Certificates of Participation will be issued to all participants and winners.
Eligibility/who can apply?
- The competition is open to all undergraduate and postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/ College/ Institute in India.
- Co-authorship by a maximum of 2 students is permitted.
- Abstract- 200 words including title and keywords
- Essay-2000 words, excluding footnotes and abstract
- The submission should include Abstract, Essay and Bibliography.
Submission last date: 30th September, 2017
For any queries, drop an e-mail at [email protected]
- Ms. Torsha Sarkar, Student Convener, Organising Committee (Surana and Surana Essay Competition) - (+91) 9439474480.
- Ms. Mamta Jain, Co-Convenor, Organising Committee (Surana and Surana Essay Competition) - (+91) 9439474183.