Surana & Surana National Essay Competition 2015
Alliance School of Law, Alliance University, Bengaluru, and Karnataka is organizing a National Essay Competition 2015 on “Social Justice and Public Empowerment“in collaboration with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai
The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their 5 year Undergraduate degree in law in any university across India
- The role of caste based politics in social justice
- CSR initiatives to bring about social development in India
- The special Supreme Court bench on Social Justice: Its role and Prospects
- A Decade of the Right to Information Act: Its impact on public empowerment
- Social Justice and the market: Evaluating the role of competition commission in India
- All entries received for the competition will be evaluated by a Screening Committee and the top 25 entries will be sent to the Jury for the selection of the winners
- The First Prize shall comprise of Surana & Surana Award Cash Prize of Rs. 25, 000 and a certificate
- The Second Prize shall comprise of Surana & Surana Award Cash Prize of Rs. 15, 000 and a certificate
- The Third Prize shall comprise of Surana & Surana Award Cash Prize of Rs. 10, 000 and a certificate
- The essay must be written in English
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions.)
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of the essay
- Registration form is to be sent along with the essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of the Institution/University. In case of unavailability of the head of the institution any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card
- In case of co-authors separate Registration Forms shall be sent for each
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography
- An abstract should not be more than 200 words inclusive of title and keywords
- The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding footnotes and abstract)
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- The font size of the essay shall be 12 points in Times New Roman
- The line space shall be 1.5
- The page number shall be included as a footer in the form “page a of y” on the right side of each page.
- The participants should send the following attachments via E-mail:
- Essay in MS Word format with subject “ASOL Essay Writing Competition”- Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant(s), address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class
- Submission must be mailed at[email protected]
Last date for Submission: April 02, 2015
Click here to download the registration form.
Click here for official website.