T.S.Venkateswara Iyer Memorial 16th All India Moot Court Competition 2016
His Highness Maharaja’s Government Law college is organizing Sixteenth All India Moot Court Competition, 2016, T.S VenkateswaraIyer Memorial Ever Rolling Trophy.
11thto 13thMarch, 2016
His Highness Maharaja’s Government Law College, Park Avenue Road, Ernakulam, Kerala- 682011
- The competition will be open to the Law colleges, Law schools and Law Departments recognized by the Bar Council of India who have specifically received the invitation. The participation is limited to under graduate students in law, both in the 3-year and 5 year schemes undergoing regular courses.
- The invitee can send a team comprising three students, which include two speakers and a researcher and their traveling expenses, shall be borne by the respective institutions.
- The last date for confirmation of participation is 8th February 2016 and the entry is limited to 20 teams.
- The Registration forms shall be filled with the photos of team members and signature of the Head of the Institution and a scanned copy of the same should be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each team shall remit a sum of Five Thousand Rupees (Rs. 5000/-) towards registration. The remittance of the same shall be done by DD/ Cheque drawn in favour of Treasurer, Moot Club, Government Law College, Ernakulam.
- The scanned copy of DD/ Cheque along with the soft copy of the registration forms should be sent by email to email@example.com on or before 10th February 2016.
- The hardcopy of the same should be sent by post/ courier to The Convenor, Moot Club, Government Law College, Ernakulam, Pin: 682011 and it should reach latest by 15th February 2016.
- The teams shall report at the venue before 2 p.m. on 11th March, 2016.
Guidelines for Submission of Memorial
- The body of the memorial shall not exceed 25 pages and the same would include jurisdiction, questions presented, summary of pleadings, pleadings, conclusion and prayer, annexure, appendices and footnotes. The cover page, table of contents, bibliography, index of authorities, statement of facts, title page and back cover are not included in these 25 pages.
- The memorials shall not contain any information that will reveal the identity of the participating team and violation of the same if any shall attract penalties including disqualification from the competition.
- The memorial for the Petitioner should be in Blue cover and that of Respondent in White cover. The memorials should be paper bound/ staple bound. Comb/ spiral or any other form of binding will be considered as improper binding. Please avoid plastic front sheets/ separators
- Cover page of the memorial must state the following The cause title Identity of the brief as Petitioner OR Respondent.
- The soft copy of the Memorials should be sent firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 29th February 2016. Five hard copies of the memorials shall be submitted to The Convenor, Moot Club
The memorials must be typed in English and must be in Times New Roman font having font size 12 and 1.5 space (this size restriction does not apply to foot notes, which shall be in size 10 and line space ‘single’) with 1 inch margin on all sides printed on one side of A4 size paper. Memorials dealing with jurisdiction, issues involved, summary of arguments, pleadings, conclusion and prayer shall be prepared by each team for both the sides. Issues or pleadings not discussed within the body of the memorial shall neither be included in any other part of the same or be raised before the court.
Rewards & Prize
- Every participant and researcher will be awarded certificate of participation.
- Honours in this competition include
- Best Team
- Second Best Team
- Best Student Advocate of India
- Best Female Student Advocate of India
- Best Male Student Advocate of India
- Best Memorial
- Second Best Memorial
- Best Researcher
- Second Best Researcher
- About 27 trophies and Rs. 50,000/- as prize money are slated to be awarded in the competition.
Click here to download Moot Problem.