Teaching Vacancies at North-Eastern Hill University
North-Eastern Hill University has invited applications from the eligible candidates for the post of Professor and Associate Professor.
No of Post: Professor: 01; Associate Professor: 01
- An eminent scholar with Ph.D degree in the concerned/allied /relevant discipline and published work of high quality actively engaged in research with evidence of published work with a minimum of 10 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- A minimum of ten years of teaching experience in University/College, and/or experience in research at the University/National level institutions/industries, including experience of guiding candidates for research at doctoral level.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator(API) based performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as per UGC norms. OR
- An outstanding professional, with established reputation in the relevant field, who has made significant contributions to the knowledge in the concerned/allied/ relevant discipline, to be substantiated by credentials.
- Good academic record with a Ph.D Degree in the concerned/allied/ relevant disciplines.
- A Master’s Degree with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and /or research in an academic/research position equivalent to that of Assistant Professor in a University, College or Accredited Research Institution/Industry excluding the period of Ph.D research with evidence of published work and a minimum of 5 publications as books and/or research/policy papers.
- Contribution to educational innovation, design of new curricula and courses, and technology-mediated teaching learning process with evidence of having guided doctoral candidates and research students.
- A minimum score as stipulated in the Academic Performance Indicator (API) based Performance Based Appraisal System (PBAS) as per UGC norms.
How to Apply
The prescribed application form may be downloaded from the University website www.nehu.ac.in and must be accompanied by an application fee of Rs. 500/-(Five hundred) for General/OBC candidates and Rs. 250/-(Two hundred & Fifty) only for SC/ST candidates.
The filled in application form with complete details along with the paid and sealed/signed e-challan of the required amount be sent to the
Section Officer (Estt.II.B),
NEHU, Mawkynroh, Umshing,
The candidate should mention “Application for the post applied for” in bold letters on top of the envelope.
Click here to download the application form.
Last date for Submission of Application: 15th January, 2016
Click here for official notification.