The Athleta Legalus (ALA) One Day Quiz & Debate
Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar proudly announces the first session of The AthletaLegalus (ALA), a one day Quiz and Debate session on IPL bid to facilitate a serious discussion about this burgeoning issue in an informal format with attractive prizes.
The aims of this event is to provide legal infrastructure to the sports industry by offering expert law consultation in the legal regulation of sport in the modern times and raise awareness regarding the same in the student community.
The Cricket world has been in the spotlight in the last few weeks. The Justice Lodha Panel gave its decision in pursuance of the Supreme Court direction of determining the quantum of sanction to be taken against the accused in the IPL betting scam. Keeping the varied reaction in mind, the GCSL is hosting The AthletaLegalus, with an aim to shed some clarity into the recent Justice Lodha Panel report and its implications. The first part of the event will consist of a quiz which will be followed by The event will consist of a quiz followed by a debate session. GCSL is proud to announce that Hon’ble Justice (Retired) Mukul Mugdal who had a pivotal role to play in unraveling the underlying scandal in the IPL 6, will be adjudicating the debate session. The general theme running through both will be the IPL 6 and the controversy surrounding the same.
One Day Quiz and Debate Session on IPL Bid
Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar
TEAM COMPOSITION AND ELIGIBILITY
- A team shall consist of 2 members.
- Registration is open to participants from all age groups and all professions.
- Once registered, any alteration in the team composition or members will not be permitted. However the GCSL does have the discretion to permit alteration based on valid reasons.
- Every team has to register themselves on or before 11.59PM on 1th September 2015.
- The registration fee is Rs. 600 per person. Accommodation is not included in the registration fee, but can be arranged, if requested for, at a reasonable rate for the participants.
- Every team has to register and pay the registration fee through the GNLU Online Payment Portal. Details regarding the same will be updated soon. Kindly note the participants also have to make e-registration by using the form available here.
- The Quiz will act as the qualifier for determining the teams that will proceed to the debate round.
- The underlying theme of the quiz is IPL with special reference on the legal controversy revolving around it.
- The quiz will consist of questions from two broad topics, which are
- Sports Trivia of IPL
- Legal twists in IPL
- The quiz will consist of an initial written qualifier round, from which ten teams will be selected. These ten teams will take part in two more rounds of quizzing, which will include an audio-visual round and a mega connect round.
- The top 6 teams in the quiz will proceed to the debate session.
- The debate will be conducted after the quiz.
- The proposition that shall be debated upon will be based on the Justice Lodha Committee Report and its implication. Reframe and make it simple
- The top 6 scoring teams of the Quiz will be eligible for participating in the Debate Session.
- The teams will be divided into two sides, three teams speaking in favour of the Proposition and the other three speaking against the proposition.
- The allocation of the side shall be done on the basis of a draw of lots.
- The order of speaking shall be based on the rank obtained in the quiz round.
- Each team shall get 10 minutes to speak in favour or against the proposition (based on the side allocated) and 3 minutes of rebuttal.
- Same individual cannot speak both during debate and the rebuttal time.
- The Debate round will be judged by the Hon’ble Justice (Retired) Mukul Mugdal.
10.Marking criteria shall be released in the detailed rules and regulations.
1.The following prizes shall be given:
- Best Critique Team
- Runners Up Critique Team
- Best Quiz Team
- The prize winning teams shall also receive certificate of appreciation signed by Hon’ble Justice (Retired) MukulMugdal.
- All participants shall be given Certificate of Participation.
For any assistance please contact:
Ms. Isha Dave ([email protected])
Vinay Narayan ([email protected])
And Palak Nagar ([email protected])