The Fifth international and Ninth Biennial Conference of Indian Society of Victimology
The WB National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS) along with Indian Society of Victimology is organizing the Fifth international and Ninth Biennial Conference from 22nd January,2016 to 24th January, 2016 which aims to provide an international platform for scholars across multiple social science disciplines to come together and share their research on victim rights, services for victim and other victimological research.
THEME: Victimization of the Vulnerable in Criminal Justice System: Issues and Challenges
- Gender and Vulnerabilities.
- Children, in particular issues of Child Labour, Child Trafficking, Child Sexual Abuse, Sentencing of juvenile and sentencing process for trail of juveniles.
- Violence and Victimization of the elderly and response of criminal justice administration.
- Poverty and the criminal justice system, National and International Norms for early release of under trail prisoners.
- Victim’s voices in Criminal Justice System, Witness Protection System and its challenges.
- Victims of Cyber Crimes.
- Persons with disabilities and Victimization.
- Development induced displacement, violence and victimization
- Communal Violence, Victimization and repairing the harm.
Authors who wish to present their work in the conference must submit an abstract (between 400-500 words, times now roman, 12pt) to email@example.com or by post to:
Mr Sanjit Kumar Chakraborty,
Coordinator , ISV Conference
The WB National University of Juridical Sciences (NUJS)
“Dr Ambedkar Bhawan”,12 LB Block, Sector III
Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal, India
- For Practitioners/ Academicians/ Researchers: Rs 2500/-
- For students: Rs 1500
The applications for registration and accommodation should reach the Committee in the form enclosed, along with a demand draft payable at Kolkata . The demand draft must be drawn in favor of “ISV Conference 2016.
- Last date for submission of abstract: October15, 2015
- Notification of Acceptance: October 20, 2015
- Last date for the submission of full paper: December 31 2015
Click here to download the brochure.