The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued "Unclock 3" guidelines to be implemented outside Containment Zones which will come into effect from August 1, 2020 until August 31, 2020.
Salient features of the new Unlock Guidelines include:
- Restrictions on movement of individuals during night (Night curfew) have been removed
- Yoga institutes and gymnasiums will be allowed to open from August 5, 2020. A SOP for the same will be issued by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare.
- Independence Day functions will be allowed with social distancing norms
- Schools, colleges and coaching institutions will remain closed till August 31, 2020.
- International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission. Further opening up will take place in a calibrated manner.
All activities, except the following, shall be permitted outside containment zones:
- Metro Rail;
- Cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars, auditoriums, assembly halls and similar places;
- Social/ political/ sports/ entertainment/ academic/ cultural/ religious functions and other large congregations;
Dates for opening of these will be decided separately, based on the assessment of the situation.
It has been intimated that Lockdown shall continue to be implemented strictly in the Containment Zones till 31 August, 2020. Strict perimeter control shall be maintained in Containment Zones and only essential activities shall be allowed.
The Centre has permitted States and UTs to prohibit certain activities outside the Containment zones, based on their assessment of the situation.