SC Dismisses PIL Seeking Direction To Send Muslims To Pakistan
The Supreme Court on Friday dismissed a plea seeking a direction to the Central Government to send Muslims living in India to Pakistan.
The plea filed by one Sangat Singh Chauhan which also sought a direction to the government to bring Hindus living in Pakistan to India, came up for hearing before a bench of Justices R F Nariman and Vineet Saran.
"What is this? Do you seriously want to argue this? Are you sure? We will hear you but we will pass strictures against you," the bench told the counsel representing the petitioner.
When the lawyer replied in the negative, the bench dismissed the petition.
The Writ Petition
Sangat Singh Chauhan claims that he is a social worker who pays 56 kind of taxes imposed by Central and State Governments. In his writ petition, prayed for two directions to Central Government
- To send Indian Muslims to Pakistan
- To bring Hindus living in Pakistan to India.
The petition begins with an outrageous claim that the Hindus have been denied the basic human rights and that the Muslims are creating trouble and nuisance by supporting Pakistani terrorists. Then the petition goes gaga about the petitioner's version of History of India. According to him, Gandhi never supported partition and it was Nehru and Sardar Patel who accepted it. He is also aggrieved about Haj Subsidy policy, lack of Uniform Civil Code, separate laws for Muslims, illegal immigration etc. He claims that the leaders of Congress party, from Jawaharlal Nehru to Rahul Gandhi are Muslims.
Some of the Grounds mentioned in support of his prayers are as follows:
- India's first PM accepted two nation theory by Jinnah. According to that theory, Muslims and Non Muslims can't live together.
- Hindus and Muslims never lived harmonically. He makes references to various riots and terror attacks in India and adds that frequencies of these riots are increasing day by day.
- Wherever Muslims are majority, they attack Hindus of that area.
- Claims Muslims are joining ISIS and other terrorist groups.
(With PTI Inputs)