National Law University Odisha, Cuttack has entered into a partnership with UNICEF in January, 2015, for safeguarding the best interest of child in Odisha. The project is for three years, titled as “Effective Implementation of Children’s Laws in Odisha”. It has established a research centre, “Centre for Child Rights (CCL)” aims for creating a frame work of research support and logistical backup to the statutory process concerning protection of children.
NLUO invites applications for few posts for the implementation of project.
Name of Posts
- Senior Programme coordinator
- Senior research associate
No of Posts
- Senior Programme coordinator: 01
- Senior research associate: 01
- Senior Programme coordinator: 60,000/- per month
- Senior research associate: 40,000/- per month
Senior Programme coordinator: Post graduate/Graduate in Social Science/Law/anthropology/psychology/ sociology/masters in rural management
1. Knowledge for various national and international frameworks, legislation and schemes related to child rights is a must.
2. Should have been a part of research, mapping and assessment studies preferably on issues related to children.
3. Knowledge of statistical tools will be an added advantage.
4. Good verbal and non verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Odiya will be an advantage.
5. Ability and willingness to engage with a variety of stakeholders at various levels.
6. The candidate should be willing to take up regular travel to the various districts of Odisha.
7. Strong networking and advocacy skills.
8. The candidate should be able to intimate dialogue with various stake holders like the government, academia, non governmental agencies, children etc.
9. Manage donor relations, budgeting, reporting etc.
Senior research associate: Post Graduate/Graduate in Social Science/Law or Social Work
- Should have a sound knowledge and work experience on United Nations Child Right Convention, Juvenile Justice Act, and Right to Education, related policies, schemes, and provisions in the context of child rights.
- Should demonstrate analytical and basic statistical skills.
How to Apply
Applicants for the above posts of must send their latest C.V.s along with Letter of Interest stating why they would like to work for the project.
Applicants for the posts of Programme Co-ordinator must send their latest C.V.s along with Letter of Interest in English stating why they would like to work for the project.
The applications must reach the following address on or before 25/01/15 and envelopes should mention clearly “APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF-----“.
NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY ODISHA,
KATHAJODI CAMPUS, SECTOR- 13, CDA,
CUTTACK, ODISHA- 753015
Last date for application: 25/01/15
For more information click here