Workshop on Applied Statistics on IBM Statistics for Legal Studies
Gujarat National Law University is organizing a ‘Workshop on Applied Statistics on IBM Statistics for Legal Studies’ on 23 - 24 September, 2017. This is a kind request from our side to upload the Brochure of the said event attached herewith.
About the Course:
The aim of the workshop on Applied Statistics is to give the fundamentals of statistical analysis. This course introduces the basics of statistics for researchers to summarize numerical and categorical data obtained from surveys, experiments, etc. The topics include different data types, measures of location, variability, shape, and association between variables. The students are expected to learn the fundamental concepts of estimation, confidence intervals, hypothesis testing and apply appropriate tests for population mean, proportion, variance and difference, independence, and goodness to fit.
Who can participate?
- Legal personnel/ Legal Advisors
- Industry/ Trade Association Members
- Students (pursuing full time undergraduate/postgraduate programmes in Law, Economics, Statistics, Management & Science)
Tentative Course Content: (12 Hours)
- Types of Data and Scale of Measurements
- Questionnaire Preparation and Introduction of IBM SPSS Statistics
- Frequency Distribution and Charts
- Descriptive Statistics, Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersions
- Cross Tabulation with Chi-Square Test
- Multiple Response Analysis
- Correlation Analysis
- Regression Analysis
- GNLU Participants: Rs 750
- Other participants: Rs 1000 (Without accomodation)
- Other Participants: Rs 2000 (With accomodation Non AC rooms)Resource Person: Dr. Gaurang Rami, Professor, Department of Economics, Veer Narmad South Gujarat University, Surat
Registration & Fees:
- Registration Link: https://goo.gl/forms/DAisREAgHl5cljqd2
- Last date to Register is Thursday, September 21, 2017, or till seats last.
Kindly refer to the attached brochure for all relevant details and the registration procedure.